This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe that autograph is John Spencer

It is very similar to one I have of his from 1976.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      I believe that autograph is John Spencer

It is very similar to one I have of his from 1976.
      You are 100% correct Dean
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• AND John Spender was born in Radcliffe (as per Wiki)

Comment

AND John Spender was born in Radcliffe (as per Wiki)
          Spender? Was he not a geordie? Still better than John Spew I suppose I might end up taking that as an instruction.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post

Spender? Was he not a geordie? Still better than John Spew I suppose I might end up taking that as an instruction.
            argh poop!

Comment

• John Spencer was defo from Radcliffe...I watched and played him many times great player back in the 70s
              and 3 times a world champion

Comment

• 2 JP Ultimates on ebay, too rich for my blood though, £1850 i think, and they aren't one piece cues.
                Btw, did JP ever make center jointed cues?
                I saw one on ebay a week ago, thought it was strange jointed in the middle and it's probably a fake but it was so cheap i bid on it anyway.

s-l1600.jpg

Comment

• [QUOTE=Delphi;n991458]2 JP Ultimates on ebay, too rich for my blood though, £1850 i think, and they aren't one piece cues.
                  Btw, did JP ever make center jointed cues?
                  I saw one on ebay a week ago, thought it was strange jointed in the middle and it's probably a fake but it was so cheap i bid on it anyway.

Strange he says they are for his collection but must sell now, and lo! all the JP packaging is still there!

I am sure he did 1/2 joints; and it still is an option on the order form

that cue looks like it could have been the JP Master model
                  Last edited by DeanH; 16 August 2019, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Strange he says they are for his collection but must sell now, and lo! all the JP packaging is still there!

I am sure he did 1/2 joints; and it still is an option on the order form

that cue looks like it could have been the JP Master model
                    Well granted it only went for $48 so if it turns out to be a fake not much is lost, i actually need to travel to Birmingham in 7 weeks so this one would be easier to travel with.
                    It should arrive next week (yes i won that bid) so we'll see then, if it turns out to be a broom stick well so be it.

Have to say that badge looks like it was tampered with heavily so high risk of being fake.
                    Or maybe someone tried to redo the letters in a bad way after they faded.

It sure looks very very old.
                    Wished i had time to pop in at the jp shop and ask John when i pass there to be sure but there won't be time for that.

s-l1600.jpg

Comment

.....that cue looks like it could have been the JP Master model
                      Master cue was plain ebony, that cue looks like it has a front splice but can't quite tell from that pic, plus joint is not a Parris type so definitely dodgy i would say, how much did it sell for ?

Comment

• It went for $48

Comment

• Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
                          Well granted it only went for $48 so if it turns out to be a fake not much is lost, i actually need to travel to Birmingham in 7 weeks so this one would be easier to travel with.
                          It should arrive next week (yes i won that bid) so we'll see then, if it turns out to be a broom stick well so be it.

Have to say that badge looks like it was tampered with heavily so high risk of being fake.
                          Or maybe someone tried to redo the letters in a bad way after they faded.

It sure looks very very old.
                          Wished i had time to pop in at the jp shop and ask John when i pass there to be sure but there won't be time for that.

s-l1600.jpg

Wow man, luckily you didn't pay too much, but still probably $43 too much couldn't get any more faker really, Badge is very poor, wrong joint, and Classics don't come in centre split or with front splice or machine spliced, should of done some research !!!

Comment

• Nah no research needed, when i bid on it it was set to $8 so i put down a maximum of $50, already have 3 cues atm so it's not like i really needed it.
                            Just felt like bidding on it atm, still curious to see it next week and try it out though.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
                              Nah no research needed, when i bid on it it was set to $8 so i put down a maximum of $50, already have 3 cues atm so it's not like i really needed it.
                              Just felt like bidding on it atm, still curious to see it next week and try it out though.
                              I don't understand what you mean, of course some research was needed, then you would know 100% that it was a fake and hence worthless, you can't give away centre split machine spliced cues

Comment

• I don't need to do research on parris cues, i know how they look, i have one i picked up from the shop already.
                                Like i said i bid on it cause it's easier travelling with a center jointed cue, takes up less space in length.

But i have yet to see and feel it and to know if it's actually playable, might still hate it the moment i try it out, probably will.

Comment

Working...
                                X