Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 sought after Parris cues on eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Very-Rare-...item3f41c50769

John Parris ultimate now sold, John Parris handmade cue number 421 still available
    Last edited by rob s; 1 December 2014, 03:09 PM.
    77 in a match, 97 in a line up

It has just been refinished and fitted with new ferrule and tip so it's in mint condition
    That's oxymoronic

Comment

I recall 421 with the tape over the butt
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
        That's oxymoronic
        Thanks for pointing that out pottr, I've edited it now

Comment

Just messaged him to say the badge looks ill fitting and fake and his reply was what would you know!...he said its just come back from Parris after being re finished...Its still got some sort of filler all over the badge..some body will be ripped off at that sort of cash

Comment

Rob S is the seller !!!!
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Rob S has sold many high end cues so I don't think anyone has anything to worry about!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by karlos fandango View Post
                Just messaged him to say the badge looks ill fitting and fake and his reply was what would you know!...he said its just come back from Parris after being re finished...Its still got some sort of filler all over the badge..some body will be ripped off at that sort of cash
                Would be nice if you told the full story. I also said it had the ovangkol spliced added by Parris cues about 10 years ago as it was originally plain ebony.
                I've sold more high end cues than you could imagine and I would never sell a fake. I've got photos from before it was refinished which show the mark on the badge was there before. I think the mark on the badge was made when it had the ovangkol splices added but it could have been before as the cue is 24-25 years old. I've been offered £950 through eBay and £950 from a collector on the forum so I couldn't care less what you think, I know it's original. It has the Parris joint, red glue on the tip of the splices etc etc.
                Thanks Neil and Darren for the support

Comment

the original seller mentions having the splices added many years ago at JP, and the badge was removed and replaced by JP
                  not a great job no but there you go...
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Not a great job indeed....£950 snap his hand off...firewood imo

Comment

Are these the cues ( handmade & number ) that pre-date the postcode + number, cues, which in turn predate the ultimate numbered cues ?

And if so, are all the numbers started from zero for each change ?

So in theory you could get for example, #234 in all 3 variants ?

Nice side grain on #421 by the way. Very nice.

Comment

Originally Posted by karlos fandango View Post
                        Not a great job indeed....£950 snap his hand off...firewood imo
                        too much of this going on, there is no need for that

Comment

Working...
                        X