X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trevs1
    replied
    Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
    Nicely skirting around the issue that certain people are clearly hinting that they know exactly who's doing this... but not sharing that info. Makes them complicit?
    Oh, and this is even sillier.

Complicity through silence.?....That's reaching a bit now isn't it.?

There are so many analogies that come to mind that enable me to refute such a claim it's ridiculous. You must see that right.?

Leave a comment:

• trevs1
    replied
    Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
    At least Chrispian named names (even if he was wrong..).
    All Trevor and Dave have done for the last few months is drop hints that every other cue maker is doing it and that if you want a real cue you have to wait two years and buy from them.
    As I said in one of the other threads, if you're 100% sure who does this, then grow a pair and name them - there's no come back for stating the truth.. But I find all this bitching about 'unnamed' people doing it a bit tiresome.
    Get it all out - it'll make you feel better, or stop moaning about it as you obviously don't care enough to do something about it.

I have to say Mike, many of your posts make sense and have value, but this one is a little wide of the mark.

Please point everyone to the posts where I suggest that if people want a "real" cue (whatever that is) they have to wait two years and buy from Dave / Myself.

My response to that point alone would be this...... I NEVER use this website to self promote. Furthermore, I have not even taken any work on for the last 12 months and have actually been turning it away.

I have NEVER suggested EVERY other cue maker is doing this. However, some certainly are and have been for some time. There are those who are more established and those who are new to it. It's not my job to name people, and neither do I have any inclination to do so. Does it bother me.?...yes it does. would it benefit me to name names, no it wouldn't.

Finally, I wouldn't necessarily call my posts "bitching", although you are entitled to view it, and call it, as you wish and that's fine with me.

Happy new year to you anyway.

Leave a comment:

• trevs1
    replied
    Originally Posted by svendh View Post
    I think it's worse because it's not his name he's putting on the cues

I see your point, and yes, I'd have to agree I guess. I suppose he is effectively riding on the names of others to make increased (and arguably dishonest) profit.

The post below gives us another perspective though doesn't it.

It's a tricky one, but it's clearly not right no matter how we view it.

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    I don't think this argument stands up at all, they can't say sirloin steak and give you horsemeat, oh wait again
    If bought in it should be made clear, by customised or hand spliced by, so and so on the badge,not passed on as a genuine hand made cue by that maker, I know others have different views but I just couldn't or wouldn't put my name to something I didn't make ,it would feel like I was cheating the person who bought it, but that's me and maybe a bit naive in today's world.
    No actually I was talking about the food labelling meat products badged up as British farmed when it's not.

Leave a comment:

• perpetualboredom
    replied
    I don't think this argument stands up at all, they can't say sirloin steak and give you horsemeat, oh wait again
    If bought in it should be made clear, by customised or hand spliced by, so and so on the badge,not passed on as a genuine hand made cue by that maker, I know others have different views but I just couldn't or wouldn't put my name to something I didn't make ,it would feel like I was cheating the person who bought it, but that's me and maybe a bit naive in today's world.
    Nicely skirting around the issue that certain people are clearly hinting that they know exactly who's doing this... but not sharing that info. Makes them complicit?

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    What is handmade in the rule book it could be anything, nothing anywhere states that by law a cuemaker putting a handmade badge on a cue has to be completely made by the maker himself, or it could be classed as handmade if it's bought in and spliced up by hand by the maker. No different to supermarkets with their clever marketing on oversea meats

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    Fait points, but I don't see how that stops cue makers charging you £1000 for a Thia cue they have stuck their badge on.
    What is handmade in the rule book it could be anything, nothing anywhere states that by law a cuemaker putting a handmade badge on a cue has to be completely made by the maker himself, or it could be classed as handmade if it's bought in and spliced up by hand by the maker. No different to supermarkets with their clever marketing on oversea meats

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
    I think that all cues sold from Famous Cuemakers should be registered/documented in archive with pictures at point of sale, owner receives paper of authenticity from maker, with cue picture on it. seller could always be contacted for authenticity if papers are lost. I think that a 500 - 1200 pound purchases and the amount of fakes out there warrants it. I will definately think twice about buying online.!!!!Cheers
    Fait points, but I don't see how that stops cue makers charging you £1000 for a Thia cue they have stuck their badge on.

Leave a comment:

• billabong
    replied
    I remember the saying at school who ever smelt it dealt it
    Yes, and you know how at school, you have so much more knowledge and insight into these things,

than when your all grown up. .

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    All Trevor and Dave have done for the last few months is drop hints that every other cue maker is doing it and that if you want a real cue you have to wait two years and buy from them.
    I remember the saying at school who ever smelt it dealt it

Leave a comment:

• sharkster63
    replied
    I think that all cues sold from Famous Cuemakers should be registered/documented in archive with pictures at point of sale, owner receives paper of authenticity from maker, with cue picture on it. seller could always be contacted for authenticity if papers are lost. I think that a 500 - 1200 pound purchases and the amount of fakes out there warrants it. I will definately think twice about buying online.!!!!Cheers

Leave a comment:

• perpetualboredom
    replied
    At least Chrispian named names (even if he was wrong..).
    As I said in one of the other threads, if you're 100% sure who does this, then grow a pair and name them - there's no come back for stating the truth.. But I find all this bitching about 'unnamed' people doing it a bit tiresome.
    Get it all out - it'll make you feel better, or stop moaning about it as you obviously don't care enough to do something about it.
    Last edited by perpetualboredom; 24 December 2014, 10:11 AM. Reason: speilhing

Leave a comment:

• billabong
    replied
    Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    Cristian Jones tells the truth on his website , and you can guarantee that Trevor White doesn't import cues .
    Crispian did open the box a wee bit with this .

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...light=handmade

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    A top Handmade cuemaker would be a bit daft to say anything different even if he did import them in as the comeback would be hideous for him, you only had to look at old Jason when he became a cropper, think it boils down to trust and trust only as many handmade cuemakers work from their garage or sheds etc which make public viewing non-existent
    Legaly I think he would be on very shaky ground if he flat out lies to you.

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Cristian Jones tells the truth on his website , and you can guarantee that Trevor White doesn't import cues .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X