This fella must be making a few quid.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This fella must be making a few quid.

This seller must be fooling some Mugs out there because he's whipping these cues out like there's no tomorrow, by the looks of it he's had a load of hunt & O'byrne badges made up and he's sticking them on any old cue. Item number 251743610939

Nest time you pay a lot of money for a hunt O'byrne cue just make sure there's proof of authenticity
    Last edited by Leo; 4 December 2014, 01:01 PM.

To be fair, the advert does say:

"Comes with the added bonus of having a nostalgic & very sort after badge. PLEASE NOTE: SELLING THIS CUE AS MANUFACTURER UNKNOWN."

Still, I wonder if the new owner will sell this cue as a Hunt & O'Byrne cue.
    My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
    I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
      To be fair, the advert does say:

"Comes with the added bonus of having a nostalgic & very sort after badge. PLEASE NOTE: SELLING THIS CUE AS MANUFACTURER UNKNOWN."

Still, I wonder if the new owner will sell this cue as a Hunt & O'Byrne cue.
      Exactly he's wrote the description all correctly so he gets no comeback, he's done it purely on someone thinking they have the bargain of he century of which is working a treat as this is the 7th or 8th he's slung on ebay in the last 2 months

Comment

I'm surprised Tony Glover isn't aware of the potential problems he is causing by agreeing to make whatever badge by request

Comment

He's sold quite a few of these now at 1st he was saying he wasnt sure if they where real or fake its clear now he's just sticking repo badges in cheap cues. He knows some people will pay more for a fake hunt cue than they will for a chinese jx cue even though their the same cue. £30 for the cue 10 for the badge and then he's selling them between 100 and 150 not bad.

Comment

It begs the question.......' Who in their right mind would buy it ' ????

Complete waste of money and you can get far better on here for not much more .
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
              I'm surprised Tony Glover isn't aware of the potential problems he is causing by agreeing to make whatever badge by request
              I dont think they are from glover there's a seller on ebay popping these out for a few quid each much more likely the source.

Comment

Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
                I am not sure it is Tony Glover making all the fake badges.

There are custom cue badges available on ebay item number 121506875865

They even have an example JRC750 badge
                My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

It's not this seller that's going to cause the problems(although what he's doing is bad) but I can see ,say five years down the line these being sold as genuine , once they have been through a few hands and the story of their origin has been forgotten.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

My bad - I thought it was this one up for discussion:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VERY-EARLY...item3399d34089

I also remember one for sale a while back, an old cue with plain ebony butt that the seller put a TG Ye Olde Ashe badge on and was trying to sell as such. People in the know complained and listing was changed to "this is not a TG YOAshe replica - just the badge"

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                      It begs the question.......' Who in their right mind would buy it ' ????

Complete waste of money and you can get far better on here for not much more .
                      Agreed,but not everyone will use their common sense and use a snooker forum to get advice, with cues like this the buyer will hit buy now quickly incase anyone else jumps on it first and just see bargain in front of him

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
                        I dont think they are from glover there's a seller on ebay popping these out for a few quid each much more likely the source.
                        I would guess the seller of the badges is either the same guy or a very close friend as the item location is identical

Comment

Looks like the seller is had enough of sticking badges on cues as he's know just selling the badge

Comment

Easier to post and less comeback from dissatisfied customers, still not right though.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                              It's not this seller that's going to cause the problems(although what he's doing is bad) but I can see ,say five years down the line these being sold as genuine , once they have been through a few hands and the story of their origin has been forgotten.

Lets face it, if there was no quality issue, this sort of thing is no worse than anyone buying in cues they didn't make, then badging them up with a name which makes it appear a more desirable product to make easy profit.

The benchmark has been set now, and so this sort of thing in all its guises is to be expected unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                              X