No announcement yet.

This fella must be making a few quid.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeez I never thought of that Trev, very good point, in a surreal way this seller is being more honest as at least he's admiting he's taking the pish lol.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post
      Lets face it, if there was no quality issue, this sort of thing is no worse than anyone buying in cues they didn't make, then badging them up with a name which makes it appear a more desirable product to make easy profit.

The benchmark has been set now, and so this sort of thing in all its guises is to be expected unfortunately.
      I think it's worse because it's not his name he's putting on the cues

Comment

Originally Posted by svendh View Post
        I think it's worse because it's not his name he's putting on the cues
        But then again, he's not claiming to have made the cues. . unlike the others Trev is talking about.

It will create issues / claim victims, though once the cue is sold on again and again. .

The link to the first seller's info about not being by the badge's maker, will be lost.

Basically the ebay cues with badge/ cue combo , declared not really from that maker,
        may have people paying over the odds, after the 2nd sale .

The people selling imported cues with their badge declaring they handmade it, will
        have people paying over the odds from first sale onwards. . .

imho

Comment

I wonder how many folk actually ask cue makers the simple question, do you import ready or part ready cues ? Before they order their pride and joy from the maker, sometimes I think we don't want to know the answer as then we have to face the reality that a lot of it has been an illusion and we have fooled ourselves just as much as we have been fooled.
          Nice post Billabong.

Comment

if anybody really thinks an 'ultimate' shaft or any makers shaft hits the ball any differently to a club cue shaft, or misses less than a club cue, they need their head examining - it's just a dead bit of wood and as long as it is straight the rest of what it does is in your arm

badges are just like designer labels on clothes and accessories, at the end of the day the products do the same thing but some look nicer than others

Comment

I wonder how many folk actually ask cue makers the simple question, do you import ready or part ready cues
              A top Handmade cuemaker would be a bit daft to say anything different even if he did import them in as the comeback would be hideous for him, you only had to look at old Jason when he became a cropper, think it boils down to trust and trust only as many handmade cuemakers work from their garage or sheds etc which make public viewing non-existent

Comment

Cristian Jones tells the truth on his website , and you can guarantee that Trevor White doesn't import cues .
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                  A top Handmade cuemaker would be a bit daft to say anything different even if he did import them in as the comeback would be hideous for him, you only had to look at old Jason when he became a cropper, think it boils down to trust and trust only as many handmade cuemakers work from their garage or sheds etc which make public viewing non-existent
                  Legaly I think he would be on very shaky ground if he flat out lies to you.

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                    Cristian Jones tells the truth on his website , and you can guarantee that Trevor White doesn't import cues .
                    Crispian did open the box a wee bit with this .

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...light=handmade

Comment

At least Chrispian named names (even if he was wrong..).
                      All Trevor and Dave have done for the last few months is drop hints that every other cue maker is doing it and that if you want a real cue you have to wait two years and buy from them.
                      As I said in one of the other threads, if you're 100% sure who does this, then grow a pair and name them - there's no come back for stating the truth.. But I find all this bitching about 'unnamed' people doing it a bit tiresome.
                      Get it all out - it'll make you feel better, or stop moaning about it as you obviously don't care enough to do something about it.
                      Last edited by perpetualboredom; 24 December 2014, 10:11 AM. Reason: speilhing
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Old cue collector --
                      Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                      (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I think that all cues sold from Famous Cuemakers should be registered/documented in archive with pictures at point of sale, owner receives paper of authenticity from maker, with cue picture on it. seller could always be contacted for authenticity if papers are lost. I think that a 500 - 1200 pound purchases and the amount of fakes out there warrants it. I will definately think twice about buying online.!!!!Cheers
                        I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

All Trevor and Dave have done for the last few months is drop hints that every other cue maker is doing it and that if you want a real cue you have to wait two years and buy from them.
                          I remember the saying at school who ever smelt it dealt it

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                            I remember the saying at school who ever smelt it dealt it
                            Yes, and you know how at school, you have so much more knowledge and insight into these things,

than when your all grown up. .

Comment

Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
                              I think that all cues sold from Famous Cuemakers should be registered/documented in archive with pictures at point of sale, owner receives paper of authenticity from maker, with cue picture on it. seller could always be contacted for authenticity if papers are lost. I think that a 500 - 1200 pound purchases and the amount of fakes out there warrants it. I will definately think twice about buying online.!!!!Cheers
                              Fait points, but I don't see how that stops cue makers charging you £1000 for a Thia cue they have stuck their badge on.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                                Fait points, but I don't see how that stops cue makers charging you £1000 for a Thia cue they have stuck their badge on.
                                What is handmade in the rule book it could be anything, nothing anywhere states that by law a cuemaker putting a handmade badge on a cue has to be completely made by the maker himself, or it could be classed as handmade if it's bought in and spliced up by hand by the maker. No different to supermarkets with their clever marketing on oversea meats

Comment

Working...
                                X