Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leo
    replied
    I wonder how many folk actually ask cue makers the simple question, do you import ready or part ready cues
    A top Handmade cuemaker would be a bit daft to say anything different even if he did import them in as the comeback would be hideous for him, you only had to look at old Jason when he became a cropper, think it boils down to trust and trust only as many handmade cuemakers work from their garage or sheds etc which make public viewing non-existent

Leave a comment:

• sberry
    replied
    if anybody really thinks an 'ultimate' shaft or any makers shaft hits the ball any differently to a club cue shaft, or misses less than a club cue, they need their head examining - it's just a dead bit of wood and as long as it is straight the rest of what it does is in your arm

badges are just like designer labels on clothes and accessories, at the end of the day the products do the same thing but some look nicer than others

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    I wonder how many folk actually ask cue makers the simple question, do you import ready or part ready cues ? Before they order their pride and joy from the maker, sometimes I think we don't want to know the answer as then we have to face the reality that a lot of it has been an illusion and we have fooled ourselves just as much as we have been fooled.
    Nice post Billabong.

Leave a comment:

• billabong
    replied
    Originally Posted by svendh View Post
    I think it's worse because it's not his name he's putting on the cues
    But then again, he's not claiming to have made the cues. . unlike the others Trev is talking about.

It will create issues / claim victims, though once the cue is sold on again and again. .

The link to the first seller's info about not being by the badge's maker, will be lost.

Basically the ebay cues with badge/ cue combo , declared not really from that maker,
    may have people paying over the odds, after the 2nd sale .

The people selling imported cues with their badge declaring they handmade it, will
    have people paying over the odds from first sale onwards. . .

imho

Leave a comment:

• svendh
    replied
    Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post
    Lets face it, if there was no quality issue, this sort of thing is no worse than anyone buying in cues they didn't make, then badging them up with a name which makes it appear a more desirable product to make easy profit.

The benchmark has been set now, and so this sort of thing in all its guises is to be expected unfortunately.
    I think it's worse because it's not his name he's putting on the cues

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    Jeez I never thought of that Trev, very good point, in a surreal way this seller is being more honest as at least he's admiting he's taking the pish lol.

Leave a comment:

• trevs1
    replied
    Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    It's not this seller that's going to cause the problems(although what he's doing is bad) but I can see ,say five years down the line these being sold as genuine , once they have been through a few hands and the story of their origin has been forgotten.

Lets face it, if there was no quality issue, this sort of thing is no worse than anyone buying in cues they didn't make, then badging them up with a name which makes it appear a more desirable product to make easy profit.

The benchmark has been set now, and so this sort of thing in all its guises is to be expected unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• olboy
    replied
    Easier to post and less comeback from dissatisfied customers, still not right though.

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    Looks like the seller is had enough of sticking badges on cues as he's know just selling the badge

Leave a comment:

• RogiBear
    replied
    Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
    I dont think they are from glover there's a seller on ebay popping these out for a few quid each much more likely the source.
    I would guess the seller of the badges is either the same guy or a very close friend as the item location is identical

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    It begs the question.......' Who in their right mind would buy it ' ????

Complete waste of money and you can get far better on here for not much more .
    Agreed,but not everyone will use their common sense and use a snooker forum to get advice, with cues like this the buyer will hit buy now quickly incase anyone else jumps on it first and just see bargain in front of him

Leave a comment:

• guernseygooner
    replied
    My bad - I thought it was this one up for discussion:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VERY-EARLY...item3399d34089

I also remember one for sale a while back, an old cue with plain ebony butt that the seller put a TG Ye Olde Ashe badge on and was trying to sell as such. People in the know complained and listing was changed to "this is not a TG YOAshe replica - just the badge"

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    It's not this seller that's going to cause the problems(although what he's doing is bad) but I can see ,say five years down the line these being sold as genuine , once they have been through a few hands and the story of their origin has been forgotten.

Leave a comment:

• mythman69
    replied
    Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
    I'm surprised Tony Glover isn't aware of the potential problems he is causing by agreeing to make whatever badge by request
    I am not sure it is Tony Glover making all the fake badges.

There are custom cue badges available on ebay item number 121506875865

They even have an example JRC750 badge

Leave a comment:

• ste bed
    replied
    Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
    I'm surprised Tony Glover isn't aware of the potential problems he is causing by agreeing to make whatever badge by request
    I dont think they are from glover there's a seller on ebay popping these out for a few quid each much more likely the source.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X