Cue Tip Compressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue Tip Compressor

Like most of us over the years Im had to put up with tips mushrooming, I dont want to buy flash tips as I like my Elks..

This tool will compress the tip (leave tight for an hour) and then you have your full tip but wont muchroom (I also beleive it slightly domes the tips while clamped)

check it out, opinions? There are more on FleaBay I just ordered the last one.. of this particular guy

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pool-snoo...3D330896977386
    Yours in Cue Sports

Warren

A normal vice or a clamp you can tighten will do the same job and compress the tip, or once the tip is fitted turn the cue upside down and tap the tip on a hard floor a few times this will also do a similar job.

Comment

Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
      A normal vice or a clamp you can tighten will do the same job and compress the tip, or once the tip is fitted turn the cue upside down and tap the tip on a hard floor a few times this will also do a similar job.
      Yes I was using a vice but when I shifted I had nowhere to put a vice and I wanted the tip really compact so I invested in this.. if Im not happy with it there is a guy who is after one
      Yours in Cue Sports

Warren

Comment

Originally Posted by Wazza180 View Post
        Like most of us over the years Im had to put up with tips mushrooming, I dont want to buy flash tips as I like my Elks..

This tool will compress the tip (leave tight for an hour) and then you have your full tip but wont muchroom (I also beleive it slightly domes the tips while clamped)

check it out, opinions? There are more on FleaBay I just ordered the last one.. of this particular guy

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pool-snoo...3D330896977386

I have had one for ages, they are good when used with pressed tips like elks, i never had a problem with them mushrooming. everyone who has those kind of tips should have a tip press as it makes it easy to press.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback luke
          Yours in Cue Sports

Warren

Comment

I use one they are great as long as you don't over clamp the tips - they do a great job

Comment

Friend in Thailand who told me about these said to tighten them right up and leave for an hour

When you say over clamp do you mean tighten up too tight?
              Yours in Cue Sports

Warren

Comment

yes I think so because I had a few I over tightened and left for too long when I first got it - also on the one you got ordered which is the same type as mine part of the clamp press is rounded - and I kept forgetting and put the tip in wrong way around a few times lol
                Last edited by Byrom; 17 January 2015, 12:52 AM.

Comment

I think that if it is a layered tip, you should taylor your tip to exact size needed for your cue before you clamp, once clamped you should, taylor to exact size again, reclamp, paint the sides of the tip with clear nail polish, this will help the layers to stay compacted and not seperate, fit your layered tip... Note: I have never used a clamp or nail polish before....
                  I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Wazza180 View Post
                    Friend in Thailand who told me about these said to tighten them right up and leave for an hour

When you say over clamp do you mean tighten up too tight?
                    I use a G clamp to press my tips, I forgot about the last one and left it in there for a month, I wouldn't recommend that.

Comment

Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
                      I think that if it is a layered tip, you should taylor your tip to exact size needed for your cue before you clamp, once clamped you should, taylor to exact size again, reclamp, paint the sides of the tip with clear nail polish, this will help the layers to stay compacted and not seperate, fit your layered tip... Note: I have never used a clamp or nail polish before....
                      No, no laminated tips.. just the good old elks
                      Yours in Cue Sports

Warren

Comment

Anywhere in the UK sell these?

Comment

Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
                          Anywhere in the UK sell these?
                          There are a few places but they are the ones who charge about 30 quid for them, better off ordering off ebay and get one brought from china for 10 quid.

Comment

Originally Posted by luke-h View Post
                            There are a few places but they are the ones who charge about 30 quid for them, better off ordering off ebay and get one brought from china for 10 quid.
                            Thanks Luke.

Comment

I squished a MW tip, one out of the funny batch that happened, stuck it on as my other tip fell appart and it plays like a dream from the get go. That is using a Chinese ten pound ebay press, one that domes it for you.
                              The other tip wasn't a MW, thought it might have read like that.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                              X