Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Limited going high

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Limited going high

    £160 above list price and reserve not met ? gosh.

    Folk bidding only have bid on 1 or 2 items as well. Is that just the norm ?

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/john-parri...-/321699019581

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  • #2
    Originally posted by billabong View Post

    Folk bidding only have bid on 1 or 2 items as well. Is that just the norm ?



    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you mean by this bit ??
    Re price: maybe not done their homework ??

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by jrc750 View Post
      What do you mean by this bit ??
      Re price: maybe not done their homework ??
      I just always wonder when the buyer of an expensive cue has only bid on 1 or 2 items, but has lots of selling feedback,

      and the seller has zero feedback. . . .

      Comment


      • #4
        Still don't know what you are getting at, are you saying your not allowed to only sell on ebay lol
        Ohh and by the way, the bids are only over a 30 day period, not the lifetime of a member

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by billabong View Post
          I just always wonder when the buyer of an expensive cue has only bid on 1 or 2 items, but has lots of selling feedback,

          and the seller has zero feedback. . . .
          Hmmm, sketchy. Member since 2012 and no feedback? Odd. Cue is lovely though, just need an 80s two-tone look to go with it.

          The towel alone is worth £800, they are very sought after................

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Master Blaster View Post
            Hmmm, sketchy. Member since 2012 and no feedback? Odd. Cue is lovely though, just need an 80s two-tone look to go with it.

            The towel alone is worth £800, they are very sought after................
            The cue is lovely? Are you taking the p*ss its absolutely awful and a design fault that went wrong by the looks of it.

            Comment


            • #7
              I wonder what the reserve is set at ?

              Sitting at £220 over the Parris website price, and reserve still not met. .

              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

              Comment


              • #8
                No one will pay that price or more unless you are a raving rich idiot.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I personally don't give a monkeys about chevrons etc but with JP himself probably never laid a finger on this cue I just wondered why they have decided to put arrows facing up at the bottom of the shaft and arrows facing down at the top end of the shaft.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by billabong View Post
                    I just always wonder when the buyer of an expensive cue has only bid on 1 or 2 items, but has lots of selling feedback,

                    and the seller has zero feedback. . . .
                    Not sure what you mean Bill,
                    The highest bidder at the moment has successfully bid on 143 items in the past, he has only placed 3 bids on this particular cue though?
                    Did you put my "1" up ?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by danam1 View Post
                      Not sure what you mean Bill,
                      The highest bidder at the moment has successfully bid on 143 items in the past, he has only placed 3 bids on this particular cue though?
                      Yeah, sorry, as JCR pointed out, I was looking at the 30 day history and miss-interpreting that as complete history. My bad.

                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Limited going high

                        someone's told him it's worth £1000

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by billabong View Post
                          £160 above list price and reserve not met ? gosh.



                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Actually it's only £108 over list price, when you take into account postage from John

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by shanerayner28 View Post
                            someone's told him it's worth £1000
                            And if it makes the reserve price, it is worth that amount. Some on here may not like the design but it's pretty unique. Nice to see some marquetry for a change, instead of the usual conny style every bore goes for after Hendry. UK cues are very boring compared to N. American cues, little artistic input.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Master Blaster View Post
                              And if it makes the reserve price, it is worth that amount......
                              We don't know for certain what the reserve is set at, but you could buy it brand new for less than it is now, so how can it be worth it ???

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X