X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master Blaster
    replied
    Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
    Takes 10mts to copy a receipt and print it off. How many folk would take an ebay sellers word? Cant see anyone contacting JP for confirmation. Doubt he'd reply anyway in this instance. Imagine if he had requests to confirm a cues authenticity on every parris cue sold on ebay.
    I imagine he's very tired of the tsunami that is ebay. Must be utterly fed up with fakes turning up at the shop. Then again, the chance for a quick buck on ebay drives the demand for cues, so it's the devil that feeds you situation. It must be amusing when a fake turns up at the shop for alterations. I wouldn't touch this one; the shaft looks like a Phoenix than a Parris. The shaft has a linear taper with only a few chevrons which can mean stiff; not my cup of tea. Then there's your/Rogi's point about the badge.

Not saying it ain't kosha but summat fishy goin on.

Leave a comment:

• Maverick54
    replied
    Takes 10mts to copy a receipt and print it off. How many folk would take an ebay sellers word? Cant see anyone contacting JP for confirmation. Doubt he'd reply anyway in this instance. Imagine if he had requests to confirm a cues authenticity on every parris cue sold on ebay.

Leave a comment:

• Master Blaster
    replied
    Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
    Exactly what I thought.

If the badge is too far down I doubt the splice work was done by JP. All cue makers use a jig/template to fit badges therefore they are in the same place on all their cues.
    The seller says the new splice was fitted by JP, and he seems a genuine guy. As this was a custom alteration, he may well have asked for the badge position. As I said before, if he's got a JP receipt, that's good enough for anyone, it doesn't matter if the chippie messed up the badge position or not or whatever reason. If it's pukka, it's pukka.

I'd ask to see a receipt and ask why the original splice was removed. Never seen so few arrows on a trad before but that could be genuine as well I guess. But it does bother me, the shaft. Not a trad fan and certainly not for one with a shaft more akin to Thai cues. Looks like washed out kiln wood.

Regardless of origin, there is only one place to buy a Parris and that's in Uncle John's shop. Never buy them off online cue traders/dealers/ebay. Genuine or not, how do you know how they will play? A Parris is a bespoke cue worthy of a trip to see JP.
    Last edited by Master Blaster; 1 June 2015, 06:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bolton-cueman
    replied
    I'm sure MB blows his wad as soon as Parris is mentioned on here.

Traditionals now have a minimum number of arrows... whatever next? ffs clueless clown

Leave a comment:

• RogiBear
    replied
    I thought the badge looked to low down on the butt. I'm Probably wrong
    Exactly what I thought.

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
    Mav, you've got very keen eyes. To be fair to the seller, the badge may have been moved/swapped slightly away from the regular position when the splice work was done. That could be down to JP. The seller should be encouraged to put up some better photos, it may lead to more bids and reassure folk interested. I won't contact him, Trads aren't for me, brilliant cues they undoubtedly are. Wait for it.........................................PMSL!
    If the badge is too far down I doubt the splice work was done by JP. All cue makers use a jig/template to fit badges therefore they are in the same place on all their cues.

Leave a comment:

• Master Blaster
    replied
    Mav, you've got very keen eyes. To be fair to the seller, the badge may have been moved/swapped slightly away from the regular position when the splice work was done. That could be down to JP. The seller should be encouraged to put up some better photos, it may lead to more bids and reassure folk interested. I won't contact him, Trads aren't for me, brilliant cues they undoubtedly are. Wait for it.........................................PMSL!

Leave a comment:

• Maverick54
    replied

Leave a comment:

• andy carson
    replied
    No, the photo is rank but from the fuzzy pic, the badge seems ok. I'd like to see a JP receipt for the splice rework personally and the reason the work was carried out would be of interest as well.

The seller has very good feedback.

why dont you just ring JP up and ask him seeing as though you are up him so much. thought he must be 1 on your speed dial.

Leave a comment:

• Master Blaster
    replied
    Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    You sure MB ???
    No, the photo is rank but from the fuzzy pic, the badge seems ok. I'd like to see a JP receipt for the splice rework personally and the reason the work was carried out would be of interest as well. It seems like a strange thing to do to a trad but each to their own I suppose.

The seller has very good feedback but I'd ask for a badge photo close up.
    Last edited by Master Blaster; 1 June 2015, 12:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Not many arrows for a trad. Badge looks ok. Benefit of the doubt Leo?

You sure MB ???

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Poor picture to be able to give an honest assessment .

Description by the seller is plausible , but the badge font looks slightly different . But unsure as pic is poor .

Leave a comment:

• Master Blaster
    replied
    Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    I'd wait until the Parris expert in 'master blaster' to give his opinion
    Not many arrows for a trad. Badge looks ok. I'd like to see a receipt for the splice rework personally and the reason the work was carried out would be of interest as well. Benefit of the doubt Leo?
    Last edited by Master Blaster; 1 June 2015, 12:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    I'd wait until the Parris expert in 'master blaster' to give his opinion

Leave a comment:

• Maverick54
    started a topic Real or Fake JP

Real or Fake JP

Genuine or not?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-parri...item2ee225dfe0
Working...