Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The asking price on ebay for joe davis cues

Hi Guys
    I have noticed that sellers are asking silly prices for joe davis cues recentley have a look at these I bet they do not sell

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JOE-DAVIS-...item4aeb35277a

The chap selling them is a complete card who thinks £30 cues are worth 10 times their value.

Comment

Originally Posted by ardvark66 View Post
      Hi Guys
      I have noticed that sellers are asking silly prices for joe davis cues recentley have a look at these I bet they do not sell

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JOE-DAVIS-...item4aeb35277a
      Yes, but the cue market has moved on and JPU prices are pulling the mkt up and making cues generally more collectable and expensive. If he was selling them for £90 buy it now, they'd shift. BIN prices are usually higher than auction, so I'd say £60 on bids would be fair.

Comment

you buy em all then

Comment

p.s. They're nice cues though often just 16oz in weight. With a little weight added, they are nice playing maple cues with a bit of history and class. It's not a JPU or anything but still nice to play with though the machine splice leads to a loss of feel.

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
            Yes, but the cue market has moved on and JPU prices are pulling the mkt up and making cues generally more collectable and expensive. If he was selling them for £90 buy it now, they'd shift. BIN prices are usually higher than auction, so I'd say £60 on bids would be fair.
            I now know you're quite clueless on old cues, stick to your JP's son.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
              I now know you're quite clueless on old cues, stick to your JP's son.
              MBs going to take JPs crown . i havnt worked out with what yet but it sure is going to be a big one with all the "STICK" STICKS and air dryers flying round this forum at the mo , its very amusing , i wish id have listened more at school especially in the woodworking class :distracted::highly_amused::congratulatory::applou se::joyous::excitement::very_drunk::surprise:
              nonchalant sideways action amongst some very ignorant pokes :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by transit172 View Post
                MBs going to take JPs crown . i havnt worked out with what yet but it sure is going to be a big one with all the "STICK" STICKS and air dryers flying round this forum at the mo , its very amusing , i wish id have listened more at school especially in the woodworking class :distracted::highly_amused::congratulatory::applou se::joyous::excitement::very_drunk::surprise:
                Unlike Leo who has probably never even played with a JD147 maple, I own two and I know their exact weights and dimensions and how they play. Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah! Everything I said above is true of this type of cue. Others who own them can verify this. I've got over 30 cues, some of them quite old and some very valuable.

Comment

Unlike Leo who has probably never even played with a JD147 maple, I own two and I know their exact weights and dimensions and how they play. Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah! Everything I said above is true of this type of cue. Others who own them can verify this. I've got over 30 cues, some of them quite old and some very valuable.
                  i have an Ash JD 101 Break cue from 1930 air dried ? dunked ? not sure but fantastic and been round snooker since i was 8 years old so 40 years ago and i have approx 130 cues , with plenty of nugget lol and still learning , had a few cues through my hands and some big money cues but still like my candy :cocksure:
                  Last edited by ADW147CUEMAN; 5 June 2015, 06:47 PM.

Comment

i have an Ash JD 101 Break cue from 1930 air dried ? dunked ? not sure but fantastic and been round snooker since i was 8 years old so 40 years ago and i have approx 130 cues , with plenty of nugget lol and still learning , had a few cues through my hands and some big money cues but still like my candy :cocksure:
                    Sounds like a cracking collection, too much for me, not enough room with everything else unfortunately! Yeah, 1930, could well be air dried too. Ash JD cues are the collectable ones. Maples are ten a penny but still nice cues and considering what people will pay for a maple, not an expensive cue to buy and play with. They generally need about an ounce adding, 16- 16.5 oz is too light for me and I don't play with a heavy cue. What could folk really buy for £60 anyway, not much and probably nothing as playable as a JD.

Comment

Sounds like a cracking collection, too much for me, not enough room with everything else unfortunately! Yeah, 1930, could well be air dried too. Ash JD cues are the collectable ones. Maples are ten a penny but still nice cues and considering what people will pay for a maple, not an expensive cue to buy and play with. They generally need about an ounce adding, 16- 16.5 oz is too light for me and I don't play with a heavy cue. What could folk really buy for £60 anyway, not much and probably nothing as playable as a JD.
                      i have a few JDs but the 101 is the Daddy as his 101 break only lasted for 4 weeks before he beat it so not many were made in that time scale as apposed to the 100 break cue in 1928 that lasted 2 years before he beat it so plenty were made , a big time cue collector friend of mine has only seen 2 101s in 35 years , any info on how many is out there still would be good to no :snooker: and it plays the modern game effortlessly :snooker: i think Mike Fearnley owns one too

Comment

i have a few JDs but the 101 is the Daddy as his 101 break only lasted for 4 weeks before he beat it so not many were made in that time scale as apposed to the 100 break cue in 1928 that lasted 2 years before he beat it so plenty were made , a big time cue collector friend of mine has only seen 2 101s in 35 years , any info on how many is out there still would be good to no :snooker: and it plays the modern game effortlessly :snooker: i think Mike Fearnley owns one too
                        Wow, you gonna post pics in cue pictures or here? That sounds ultra rare, like proverbial rocking horse poo. Great player? Must be air-dried angel ash.

Comment

The rarest JD cues are the the 96 break and the 980 break.
                          Last edited by Leo; 5 June 2015, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                            The rarest JD cues are the the 96 break and the 980 break.
                            cheers Leo , i would hope to find them one day maybe, so the 101 is my rarest atm

Comment

cheers Leo , i would hope to find them one day maybe, so the 101 is my rarest atm
                              Yeah I think the 980 or 96 break cue could hit 2k

Comment

Working...
                              X