The asking price on ebay for joe davis cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
    Wow, you gonna post pics in cue pictures or here? That sounds ultra rare, like proverbial rocking horse poo. Great player? Must be air-dried angel ash.
    well TBH it came to me in original condition all be it pretty rough at the butt end, with very dark stiff grain lovely and straight @ 55" long and because it was so short and powerful , and nearly all JD cues have the same design upto the 1955 147 break cue , i had it secondary spliced with some wonderful waterfall Bubinga and weighted to 18.5oz to lengthen it to 57.5" my choice cos its a very solid player , , members may think ive vandalised it but i think its fantastic , i have before and after pics so will sort them shortly , Mike fearnleys 101 cue was 52" long and had it lengthened to the original design , which is on most JD cues we no , black ebony and maple front splice, sorry if ive disappointed any collectors by doing so , :hororr::snooker:
    Last edited by ADW147CUEMAN; 5 June 2015, 08:59 PM.
    nonchalant sideways action amongst some very ignorant pokes :snooker:

Comment

2K ffs maybe i should have left the old 101 as it was , but its a great cue and is one of my favourites for the history age and playability :snooker:
      Last edited by ADW147CUEMAN; 5 June 2015, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Wow, you gonna post pics in cue pictures or here? That sounds ultra rare, like proverbial rocking horse poo. Great player? Must be air-dried angel ash.
        WP_20141115_003.jpgWP_20141125_060.jpgWP_20141115_012.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by transit172 View Post
          [ATTACH]17871[/ATTACH][ATTACH]17872[/ATTACH][ATTACH]17873[/ATTACH]
          Lovely pics. Cheers bud.

Can't blame you for taking it to 57.5, cues are meant to be played with, especially old wood cues.
          Last edited by Master Blaster; 5 June 2015, 09:43 PM.

Comment

yeah up with some of the best hitting cues ive had the pleasure of owning, awkward with pics on hear having to re-size em before uploading em its a pain some bigger than others but hope you can see them ok
            Last edited by ADW147CUEMAN; 5 June 2015, 09:46 PM.

Comment

yeah up with some of the best hitting cues ive had the pleasure of owning, awkward with pics on hear having to re-size em before uploading em its a pain some bigger than others but hope you can see them ok
              Bit of a toughie but what you say has been the best playing cue you've owned down the years?

Comment

Bit of a toughie but what you say has been the best playing cue you've owned down the years?
                tbh i had a Willie Smith & George Nelson cue that i would say stood out if i had to choose but at that time i was at my best and i owned it for 15 years and it was machine spliced and i had some of my best matches with it , but i can say a fare few really if i think about it , reason the Smith & Nelson is cos i stuck with it through thick n thin and never swapped it when i was having a bad patch , with having so many now its easy to swap and change , atm im using a Jp red glue traditional and its brilliant but i have a TW and that is too so it becomes a dilemma , i think there is always the one and its usually the one that got stolen or sold and big regrets take over and then try to find one as good but i think its psychological , but it dont have to be an expensive cue to be a good one as you may no , and i have some limited edition ash Ton Praram cues that are fantastic also a Jason Owens , but if one has a better tip i can perform with it without thinking :snooker: forgot to say i had a Hunt O'byrne cue stolen on the night jj won the world in 1986 and that was top draw , still reeling from it really
                Last edited by ADW147CUEMAN; 5 June 2015, 10:47 PM.

Comment

tbh i had a Willie Smith & George Nelson cue that i would say stood out if i had to choose but at that time i was at my best and i owned it for 15 years and it was machine spliced and i had some of my best matches with it , but i can say a fare few really if i think about it , reason the Smith & Nelson is cos i stuck with it through thick n thin and never swapped it when i was having a bad patch , with having so many now its easy to swap and change , atm im using a Jp red glue traditional and its brilliant but i have a TW and that is too so it becomes a dilemma , i think there is always the one and its usually the one that got stolen or sold and big regrets take over and then try to find one as good but i think its psychological , but it dont have to be an expensive cue to be a good one as you may no , and i have some limited edition ash Ton Praram cues that are fantastic also a Jason Owens , but if one has a better tip i can perform with it without thinking :snooker: forgot to say i had a Hunt O'byrne cue stolen on the night jj won the world in 1986 and that was top draw , still reeling from it really
                  Interesting post. Cue thieves, and they're in our own ranks, grrrrrrrrrr! Meant to be a gents game as well. Grrrrrrrrr!

Yeah, I totally agree with you on cue costs. My favourite is my £35 Purist, above and beyond a JPU or any other cue I've had for me - angel ash! lol. Obviously, I haven't played with an old JD 101 so that would be an interesting comparison.

Comment

Lovely pics. Cheers bud.

Can't blame you for taking it to 57.5, cues are meant to be played with, especially old wood cues.
                    yeah i agree for one thing and that is if its upto playing the modern game then yes to alterations as i love a good classic player, im not so keen on cues that are just kept in a cupboard/display cabinet that are just for show and bent whippy and no feel , but they are in original condition thats the only thing going for them , losts of purists of the game may disagree but , i can sell an updated classic player easier than an original untouched one as the market for old classic players is a wider audience than collectors , im always getting asked for an old butt with a new shaft , call it a Hybrid and they are plenty that want this kind of cue to play with , best of both so why not :snooker:.... going back to your Purist cue they were very well made in the 80s top quality
                    Last edited by ADW147CUEMAN; 6 June 2015, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X