Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O'min, Advice nohow to tell a "fake".

Greetings,

This is my first post so be gentle with me.
    Have seen an O'min cue on eBay that looks really respect to me, price, quality of photo's, only shows butt etc.
    Any of you good wise people here have any advice on fake spotting, I only recognise O'min as origional if made in Thailand, Chinese copies for me are fake (even if they have a patent, licence, or whatever is going on at the moment).

I see that the cue has sold but still would like to know your thoughts.

Ebay item no: 172137588627

Thanks.

Here is direct link
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OMIN-SNOOK...p2047675.l2557

Comment

Thanks for the direct link, am not sure I can post links yet, or edit my post.

Comment

Oh man, just looked at my post, I have been hit by the dreaded spell checker. Of course I meant suspect not "Respect" on this cue. And should be advice on how to tell a fake.
        So much for my first post.

Comment

Judging by his other stuff for sale and the price it went for I would guess shady. Omin do ,do the union model but I'm sure it's a round badge, although they do have a variety of badges from what I have seen. It's a shame about the mess Omin has got into but unless it was a cue off a trusted cue seller I would steer well clear or at least bid on it to the value of a copy, then you can't be disappointed.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

"Judging by his other stuff for sale and the price it went for I would guess shady. Omin do ,do the union model but I'm sure it's a round badge, although they do have a variety of badges from what I have seen. It's a shame about the mess Omin has got into but unless it was a cue off a trusted cue seller I would steer well clear or at least bid on it to the value of a copy, then you can't be disappointed."

Good advice, Thanks.

Anyway it looks to me that eBay in general has become a place to overprice just about everything, so cheap is a bit of a red flag to start.

I agree that it is a shame that O'min has so many issues with the "fake" situation.

Well I may be having a trip to Thailand in the future so it would be a great oppertunity to check out some of the makers there, and try out a variety of cues and makers. I'm a long way from anywhere that would allow me to try out a good variety of cues at the moment, and regardless of make or price I don't think being a cue 'blind' is such a good idea. I need something in my hand and on a table to know if it suits me or not. If I am really lucky I can find something that plays great for me without paying an outrageous price.

Comment

Working...
            X