Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JP supreme - Thoughts on the cue and price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JP supreme - Thoughts on the cue and price?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parri...3D262889506206

Looks nice to my eye, maybe a bit too many chevrons for some.
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Don't look to bad but always preferred the Superior model myself.
    VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
    Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
    Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
    Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

Originally Posted by TooDark View Post
      Don't look to bad but always preferred the Superior model myself.
      cheers, why is that though? what do you see that's better? Im just struggling to understand what the differences are in quality...
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

no difference in quality. all the same. just the name of a particular design

Comment

Yeah , too many chevrons for me as well .

Did i read somewhere that more chevrons made the shaft stiffer ??
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

£380 for a new one but £500 second hand
            It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
              £380 for a new one but £500 second hand
              That's the post I waiting for ; )

Looks like every one out who owns a JP is thinking might as well sell it on eBay, buy a new one and have a nice amount of beer money left over.
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Looks like every one out who owns a JP is thinking might as well sell it on eBay, buy a new one and have a nice amount of beer money left over.
                I made the point a while ago on another Parris thread. What we see here and on ebay makes people think that Parris cues are impossible to get without and 2-3 year wait, that just isn't true.

The asking prices for Parris collection and non-custom cues are insane when you could walk in store and buy a brand new one, or order a new one online with what would be a short wait in comparison to 1pc ultimates.

Comment

If people are really that stupid then they deserve to be ripped off
                  It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by qc2 View Post
                    I made the point a while ago on another Parris thread. What we see here and on ebay makes people think that Parris cues are impossible to get without and 2-3 year wait, that just isn't true.

The asking prices for Parris collection and non-custom cues are insane when you could walk in store and buy a brand new one, or order a new one online with what would be a short wait in comparison to 1pc ultimates.
                    Good man , at least folk who come on here have no excuse for getting mugged then ; )
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                      If people are really that stupid then they deserve to be ripped off
                      It's like that red glue tripe that people try and use to sell their old models off! It's the work of second hand car salesman.

I've heard recently people have been conned buying cars on eBay thinking they are full size proper cars when they are actually models. And they've paid 10k for one lol. Who thinks this crap up?

As you say - if they're stupid enough.....
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

cheers, why is that though? what do you see that's better? Im just struggling to understand what the differences are in quality...
                        I just prefer the look of olive wood as a 4 splice look that's all rather than a front splice....Nice cue though.
                        As for chevrons this cue ain't too bad as never use to be one for chevrons at all and never come across my mind until joining this forum lol. But can't go wrong with between 4-7 max but don't make cue play any better!
                        VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
                        Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
                        Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
                        Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

Working...
                        X