Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Richy McDonald Mac No 070 ash cue. Beautiful example

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by warren132 View Post
    Hard to say really..i just think that todays cheap ash shafts have no feel and the just dont look right unless you spend good money for good wood. Go compare this shaft to a shaft from raymond from excuisite cues or jason owen for that matter.
    Playability wise this cue fees superb. Lively ,responsive with solid hit and good feedback. Nothing else to add.

    Although I see that you are an expert in that field if you can determine how it feels by just looking at the pics.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by warren132 View Post
      Unless you know what to look for then theres no way i can explain to you sorry.
      I think you are deluded if you believe that

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by jrc750 View Post
        I think you are deluded if you believe that
        Thanks for saving me posting that I thought it was a pants reply.

        While I might believe it if an expert had a magnifying glass on it; I struggle that it can be done from a pic.....

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by warren132 View Post
          Unless you know what to look for then theres no way i can explain to you sorry.
          Why cant you explain what to look for? It can't be that hard As you can tell from a photo.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

          Comment


          • #20
            all i can see from thi pics is it dont look any better than a cheap woods cue. It might play ok but is it really woth the money ? for example can the person use it ?

            i should shut up now before i get my self in some trouble..sorry if i have offended anyone.
            Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by warren132 View Post
              all i can see from thi pics is it dont look any better than a cheap woods cue. It might play ok but is it really woth the money ? for example can the person use it ?

              i should shut up now before i get my self in some trouble..sorry if i have offended anyone.
              I'm only offended by the lack of explanation.

              Comment


              • #22
                It's more a matter of personal preference.
                Some players prefer more or less arrows/or tight grain pattern/ or ..........

                Something looks like cheap to me, may looks like expensive to someone else.
                But wether you could judge the playability of the cue just by the look of it??
                I doubt it.

                When it comes to making a cue by hand, the most important part is selecting a piece of decent wood to start with.

                well, in this case Richy is an experienced cue maker not to mention an decent player as well.
                I've dealed with him and his work is as good as any JP/TW/MW. ... and other top cue makers. ( not suggesting anyone has denied this part btw . generaly speaking ).

                On a second note, you are buying a cue online without first trying it . The cue may not suits your game (regardless of who the cue maker is ). The only way to know for sure is trying it out .

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by blahblah01 View Post
                  Thanks for saving me posting that I thought it was a pants reply.

                  While I might believe it if an expert had a magnifying glass on it; I struggle that it can be done from a pic.....
                  w

                  Only one way and that's to play with it ...nobody can tell how a cue plays by looking

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Reduced to £340 delivered if anyone interested.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by warren132 View Post
                      Hard to say really..i just think that todays cheap ash shafts have no feel and the just dont look right unless you spend good money for good wood. Go compare this shaft to a shaft from raymond from excuisite cues or jason owen for that matter.
                      You could be right Warren I believed I could tell the quality of a shaft just by feeling it.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Reduced to £340 delivered if anyone interested.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by bigandyg View Post
                          You could be right Warren I believed I could tell the quality of a shaft just by feeling it.
                          Yes well feeling it makes more sense as opposed to looking at a pic

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by 147alltheway View Post
                            http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2324058840...84.m1555.l2649

                            You won't find a better ash cue for this sort of money.

                            Grab yourself a bargain whilst you can.

                            £360 delivered to uk
                            Looks a nice cue but 17oz is a shade on the list get side really

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Dave_marsy View Post
                              Looks a nice cue but 17oz is a shade on the list get side really
                              Haven't got a clue what you're saying mate

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I'm saying 17oz is a bit on the light side for a snooker cue
                                The weight of the cue

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X