Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED - 1 piece.

Hi Guys and Gals

Travelling to mainland UK soon (I live in Guernsey, Channel Islands) So I can come and see it, or if there are a few good places to go and try cues out, please let me know and I may visit there too.

Looking for the below specs:

1 Piece preferable with extensions (6inch and telescopic)
    57inch
    9.25tip
    20oz (I like a medium to heavy cue - I think 20oz weight suits that?)
    Budget - about £300-400
    Not too bothered about fancy splices - I do like a cue to be a touch on the whippy side too =)

Anything considered - would like to see whats out there.

PS - I'll also be selling a Parris Special Edition 8 Cue - link below (https://www.parriscues.com/products/...edition_cue_8/)
    - Details, specs and pics I'll also post here shortly.

Many Thanks

20 oz is very heavy and not a good idea in a 1 pc cue
    Last edited by ADR147; 2 November 2017, 01:17 AM.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

18oz is a nice meaty weight especially if it is well balanced. Expectional power for those who want that little extra.
      "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
      National Snooker Expo
      25-27 October 2019
      http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Originally Posted by DeMilo86 View Post
        Hi Guys and Gals

Travelling to mainland UK soon (I live in Guernsey, Channel Islands) So I can come and see it, or if there are a few good places to go and try cues out, please let me know and I may visit there too.

Looking for the below specs:

1 Piece preferable with extensions (6inch and telescopic)
        57inch
        9.25tip
        20oz (I like a medium to heavy cue - I think 20oz weight suits that?)
        Budget - about £300-400
        Not too bothered about fancy splices - I do like a cue to be a touch on the whippy side too =)

Anything considered - would like to see whats out there.

PS - I'll also be selling a Parris Special Edition 8 Cue - link below (https://www.parriscues.com/products/...edition_cue_8/)
        - Details, specs and pics I'll also post here shortly.

Many Thanks
        I don't understand where you get the estimated weight from as a player who has quite exacting specs, but I wish you all the best in your search for a good cue. I think you have much good advice here to direct you best as is possible. Let's us know how you get on. We like to hear a result! ; )
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

20 oz is very heavy, will struggle to find one in a shop. may need to get one made/altered

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
            I don't understand where you get the estimated weight from
            My current cue is an 18oz 1 piece and I've played with a heavier 3/4 cue and I really liked the way it felt so essentially I think I'd like something heavier than 18oz. Am I right to assume a heavy one piece is simply going to be too bottom heavy?

Comment

If the one piece cue was originally made as a 20oz cue (unlikely) then it should of had the weight positioned correctly to give a well balanced cue.

Comment

I don't understand where you get the estimated weight from
                My current cue is an 18oz 1 piece and I've played with a heavier 3/4 cue and I really liked the way it felt so essentially I think I'd like something heavier than 18oz. Am I right to assume a heavy one piece is simply going to be too bottom heavy?
                Ah ok. I know the weight feels nice but I'd advise some caution there. Each cue Is different some will be made butt heavy some will be more evenly distributed. With the size of tip you specify I would say from experience a butt heavy cue will produce a fair bit of "throw" at 20oz. That might prove a bit of a beast to keep consistently under control.
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

That might prove a bit of a beast to keep consistently under control.
                  Yes that's a good point i'll have to consider that. What I may do is simply do a bit of a UK tour trying out different cues and find one I get on with.

If anybody has any recommendations on where I can go to try out a nice range of cues that would be great. I appreciate all of the help gents, many thanks.

Comment

Yes that's a good point i'll have to consider that. What I may do is simply do a bit of a UK tour trying out different cues and find one I get on with.

If anybody has any recommendations on where I can go to try out a nice range of cues that would be great. I appreciate all of the help gents, many thanks.
                    You can't go wrong with a visit to Greenbaize, bit far up North for you but would be well worth it
                    https://www.greenbaize.com/about/

Comment

Craftsman , Kippax , 2 x tables , good stock of cues , try before you buy an option , cant go wrong .

Comment

Working...
                      X