Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Davis 600 Century Break Cue - 3 - Piece (Original)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Joe Davis 600 Century Break Cue - 3 - Piece (Original)

    Joe Davis 600 Century Break Cue - 3 - Piece (Original) On Ebay

    url removed
    Last edited by DeanH; 26th April 2019, 12:03 PM.

  • #2
    did they do an "original 600 cue" as a 3/4 with butt joint?

    I do like this cues when the badge is clear
    I like the triple stripe
    seen 600s with a photo, also from Cape Town, and also as a Union Billiards badged cues
    Last edited by DeanH; 24th September 2018, 05:10 PM.
    Up the TSF!

    Comment


    • #3
      Ehh ??? a 3/4 split 600 break cue is virtually worthless surely ???

      Comment


      • #4
        I would not say virtually worthless but with a worn badge and the mods, definitely not £700
        Up the TSF!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DeanH View Post
          I would not say virtually worthless but with a worn badge and the mods, definitely not £700
          Struggle to get £70

          Comment


          • #6
            Ahh that explains it ! when you look at his other items for sale this is clearly that muppet Tonymicra on a different account, he lists every cue at least 10 times their value

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jrc750 View Post
              Ahh that explains it ! when you look at his other items for sale this is clearly that muppet Tonymicra on a different account, he lists every cue at least 10 times their value
              lol...........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgbNymZ7vqY

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by CueAntW147 View Post
                Lol very good that, beaker's my favourite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnT7pT6zCcA

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jrc750 View Post
                  Lol very good that, beaker's my favourite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnT7pT6zCcA
                  Can't beat the Muppets mate, my daughter wanted to watch the Muppets Christmas Carol the other night a bit early but what can you do ......lol

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jzsKJvWiEI


                  may as well have some more a catchy tune in this clip

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vo-5dTw4-8
                  Last edited by CueAntW147; 24th September 2018, 11:53 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Does this guy ever sell any cues at these ridiculous prices? A playing cue will fetch whatever someone is willing to pay but there are hundreds of these Joe Davis cues around.From a collectors point of view the alterations make it virtually worthless,and again there are numerous unaltered ones around.


                    "You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Tim65 View Post
                      Does this guy ever sell any cues at these ridiculous prices? A playing cue will fetch whatever someone is willing to pay but there are hundreds of these Joe Davis cues around.From a collectors point of view the alterations make it virtually worthless,and again there are numerous unaltered ones around.
                      You are right, it's always about what someone is willing to pay and generally when things are put to the bid with a sensible starting price they tend to find a reasonable price, sometimes people might get a fluke result as such and it goes way beyond but not very often.

                      I think the problem is not just with cues but anything else for sale supposing you genuinely didn't know much about cues or there value but had say a Joe Davies cue for sale if you checked on ebay to get an idea on price and you saw one listed at £700 you could think your cue is worth the same, and list it for that and i think that's what happens sometimes.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I have only ever seen Joe Davis 500 and 600 cues in single piece form which are original, also with it being a mid to late 50s or possibly early 60s cue then none in this era were 3/4. Could be that Tony who sells cues on ebay for ridiculas amounts or like I have seen many times before someone who sees that Tonys cues and prices them up like he does.

                        I'm after a JD 500 if anyone has one? I collect old cues. 07762586856

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X