Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taylor Made Cue Tips

Hi Guys

If anyone is interested in trying any new tips, Gary Taylor at Taylor Made has just released the Taylor Made Soft, Medium and Hard tips and now a new Raw cue tip.

You can find the 4 types of tips here to see a picture:

https://www.snookercrazy.com/product...g-accessories/

Here's the introduction if interested:

"These cue tips are a great new product released by Gary Taylor of Taylor Made Cues in the Uk and I have to say that we think they will not only rival anything out there as a tip but will also beat them hands down on price.

I’ve been talking to Gary for a while now about his intentions with these new tips and it’s refreshing to know that he’s decided not to spent all the money on packaging which we all pay for driving the price up and then it gets thrown away. All the research and development costs have gone directly into the tip as a final product to ensure you get as much as possible for your money.

I was expecting the tips to be pitched at the £15 to £18 mark for 3 after seeing them in development but it seems not the case. They have an introductory price at £7.95 which I’m amazed by so considering the market average for top class tips I can see them being more than popular so don’t hang about if you want to try them.

Talking to Gary he has no intention of pricing them at the market equivalent so for us that’s a more than a refreshing attitude as it ensures it is within everyone’s price bracket.

As an Official Stockist, Snooker Crazy offer the Taylor Made Cue Tips in Soft and Medium but there are more products being developed so watch this space and we will certainly be supporting the Taylor Made brand."
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Been pretty impressed with the mediums so far. Think I will stock up on these and hope they stay consistent.

Was using Century for a couple of years but they have gone downhill. Confirmed by Stu at Greenbaize who has received a lot of complaints in the last 6 months.

Comment

I’ve recently swapped to an ADR black edition soft tip..
      Needless to say I’ll be going straight back to an Elk once I get some ordered!

Comment

Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
        Been pretty impressed with the mediums so far. Think I will stock up on these and hope they stay consistent.

Was using Century for a couple of years but they have gone downhill. Confirmed by Stu at Greenbaize who has received a lot of complaints in the last 6 months.
        What have the complaints been about this tips ?.
        I’ve still got a Century tip on from last year and still have a couple spare for when I originally purchased them . I like the tip and it would be a shame if I have to change brand now .
        Last edited by Starsky; 7 August 2021, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

What have the complaints been about this tips ?.
          I’ve still got a Century tip on from last year and still have a couple spare for when I originally purchased them . I like the tip and it would be a shame if I have to change brand now .
          Inconsistency mainly. The 2s have been playing harder than the 3s. I have seen myself the same G3 from 2 different retailers - huge differences in tip height and colour.

In the early days the tips were quite high out the box, now they are almost half in size. Definitely more ‘pingy’ now as well.

Comment

Inconsistency mainly. The 2s have been playing harder than the 3s. I have seen myself the same G3 from 2 different retailers - huge differences in tip height and colour.

In the early days the tips were quite high out the box, now they are almost half in size. Definitely more ‘pingy’ now as well.

Thanks,
            Consistency was the selling point of these tips and it’s the reason why people were willing to pay more money . Massive issue if that’s gone out of the window.

Nice avatar btw ….

Comment

Gary tests and grades every tip personally before they go out so it's not done by a third party.

He has a genuine interest in putting something out there where people don't have to pay tow and a half times his price for the fancy packaging.

He's found some decent tips, graded them and bagged them up in a simplistic fashion so you're basically just paying for the tip and not binning the package.

I've now fitted a lot of these for customers and they are nice to cut and shape and not one compliant yet so a great start.

As you say, consistency is key so we all replace our tips with something that is reflective of the last grade we used.

Comment

I've had many questions about the 'Raw' tips regarding hardness; I've asked Gary Taylor and they are in the soft to medium range and are not impregnated with chalk.

The surface is a little more 'hairy' is probably the best way to subscribe it.

I'm not sure if we have any guys from any hot / humid countries on here at the moment but I was talking to a nice guy in the middle east yesterday and he said it was normal for tips to go down a grade in hardness when used there due to the humidity, I'd never heard that before.

Apparrently, anyone after a hard tip was generally gaving to find an extra hard so rhey could end up with a standard hard, not one I'd heard mentioned before.

Comment

How are reviews/sales going Marc? I've got a good younger player who has grown up on Elks looking for something similar but consistent. Thanks.
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Anyone been using these and like them??? Thanks.
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                      Anyone been using these and like them??? Thanks.
                      I really like these tips. Was using the mediums but recently changed to the 'Raw' versions. They need reshaping slightly after a few sessions so are probably more soft to medium.

Lot of grip and can't go wrong at £8 for 3

Comment

I really like these tips. Was using the mediums but recently changed to the 'Raw' versions. They need reshaping slightly after a few sessions so are probably more soft to medium.

Lot of grip and can't go wrong at £8 for 3
                        Thanks GG, I a big fan of cheap tips that work so will give them a go.
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                        X