Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glasses or not ?

Hi all,

Im at the point where I need to wear my reading glasses more and more for different things apart from reading like eating etc.

My question is , anybody on here wearing snookerspex style glasses for snooker but not wearing glasses all the time ?.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Starsky; 10 September 2020, 12:14 PM.

Hi Starsky
    i don't see why you'd consider it a problem wearing them for snooker if you don't need them all the time.
    If you fail to see a sharp edge to a ball, regardless if it's close or far, you need the glasses.
    Hard enough game as it is without the visual handicap too

Comment

Originally Posted by wayne View Post
      Hi Starsky
      i don't see why you'd consider it a problem wearing them for snooker if you don't need them all the time.
      If you fail to see a sharp edge to a ball, regardless if it's close or far, you need the glasses.
      Hard enough game as it is without the visual handicap too
      Thanks for your reply Wayne.

It’s not a case of I can’t see the edges , it’s the fact I can’t see the ball on the long shots and half the time I’m guessing the angle based on previous experience . I was hoping it was my lack of playing recently but I’m realising it’s just an age eyesight thing.

I can’t believe more people don’t wear them especially oldish gits like myself, it can only be for vanity reasons.

I’ve contacted Snookerspex and I’m going to send them my prescription once I get my eyes tested in a couple of weeks and see if there’s any hope for me ...

Comment

I’ve taken the plunge and ordered a pair of Snookerspex .
        Chris at Snookerspex has said that with my prescription it should be easy to get used to wearing them .
        I spoke to a guy in a club recently who was wearing a pair and he said it really helped his long potting. His prescription strength was half of mine !.

I’m looking forward to seeing the difference ...

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post
          I’ve taken the plunge and ordered a pair of Snookerspex .
          Chris at Snookerspex has said that with my prescription it should be easy to get used to wearing them .
          I spoke to a guy in a club recently who was wearing a pair and he said it really helped his long potting. His prescription strength was half of mine !.

I’m looking forward to seeing the difference ...
          No Pun intended! Lol

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

No Pun intended! Lol

I wish I had been that witty ..

Comment

Working...
            X