Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light Bulbs

Hi all,
    I had started practicing at a local sports/social club that’s got two tables . I’ve noticed the light on the table is dim even for a coffin style shade. As getting new strip lights isn’t an option can anyone recommend a particular bulb that can be used on a traditional shade that will help ?.

Any help appreciated.

LED's have different 'shades' warm white, white,ect with varying lumens (watt equiv) and diff bayonets, you prob know that already Starsky, but it might help.
    Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

Hi John,
      Thanks for the reply.
      Reading back on my post I should have said a lumen /brightness in a LED bulb . Tbh given the cost of replacing the bulbs which I was going to do out of my own pocket I might as well go the whole hog and pay to get new strip lighting if they let me. I’m going to be spending over 10 hours a week practicing there by myself. I can justify it by saving ?2 an hour for the cost of the table compared to my previous snooker club ..

Comment

There is a thread somewhere all about lighting Starsky sure I've seen it or it might have been on Steve's project snooker shed thread, But I agree with the strp light, it will giive better coverage.
        Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

I’ll jump in here and add to this... If your going down the strip light route and the table is in a club environment and say 6’ from the table next to it, be aware those flat LED panel lights like I have and as used by Steve Barton, tend to throw light out sideways for quite a distance and this causes long shadows on the table next door! I only know this from when I visited Steve for session last year and he was showing me this very issue with the tables in his club.

To avoid this I’d say go for one of those office style Louvre strip lights, they cut out the sideways glare and just focus the light down towards the table. You know the ones I’m talking about!

Comment

I fitted the office style strip lights a few years ago ,cheap and really good even coverage ,I burnt the canopy in the garden .

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
              I’ll jump in here and add to this... If your going down the strip light route and the table is in a club environment and say 6’ from the table next to it, be aware those flat LED panel lights like I have and as used by Steve Barton, tend to throw light out sideways for quite a distance and this causes long shadows on the table next door! I only know this from when I visited Steve for session last year and he was showing me this very issue with the tables in his club.

To avoid this I’d say go for one of those office style Louvre strip lights, they cut out the sideways glare and just focus the light down towards the table. You know the ones I’m talking about!
              Thanks Steve , I’ve got the same type on my pool table in my man cave .

Comment

Thanks for all your input guys ....

Comment

Hello Starsky. From my experience, I can say that LED lamps and light bulbs are the way to go when we are talking about powerful light, less energy consumption, longer life, and relative cheapness.

Comment

Originally Posted by RusselMartinez View Post
                    Hello Starsky. From my experience, I can say that LED lamps and light bulbs are the way to go when we are talking about powerful light, less energy consumption, longer life, and relative cheapness.
                    That's why I recommend installing them for everybody. If you want to have more control, you can choose amazon LED light bulbs that you control using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. You have the possibility to adjust the color and intensity using your voice beside the smartphone anytime you want. I mostly use them while working to help me focus and to have a clear view of the things I'm doing. You may try it, who knows, maybe you'll like it.

Comment

Originally Posted by RusselMartinez View Post

That's why I recommend installing them for everybody. If you want to have more control, you can choose amazon LED light bulbs that you control using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. You have the possibility to adjust the color and intensity using your voice beside the smartphone anytime you want. I mostly use them while working to help me focus and to have a clear view of the things I'm doing. You may try it, who knows, maybe you'll like it.
                      🤔 ..Will the lights pot the balls for me if I ask nicely ?

Comment

Working...
                      X