No announcement yet.

Snooker Ball help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to getting them, cheers vmax, I popped over to my club this afternoon all tables booked but had a good chat with Andy, co owner he's just bought all singing dancing ball cleaner. I saw it in action, amazing difference before/after, He's charging 1 english pound ( ? sign dont work ) to clean your balls, so that is first on the agenda when I get em.
    Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

Originally Posted by John Flaf View Post
      Looking forward to getting them, cheers vmax, I popped over to my club this afternoon all tables booked but had a good chat with Andy, co owner he's just bought all singing dancing ball cleaner. I saw it in action, amazing difference before/after, He's charging 1 english pound ( ? sign dont work ) to clean your balls, so that is first on the agenda when I get em.
      Nice bargain there John, can't beat having your own set and they do play better than average cheaper club balls. What a touch regarding the ball cleaner, I'd pay for that every time over hand polishing each bloody ball myself! Well worth a quid, I'd probably get them done every time I went though!!
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Nice bargain there John, can't beat having your own set and they do play better than average cheaper club balls. What a touch regarding the ball cleaner, I'd pay for that every time over hand polishing each bloody ball myself! Well worth a quid, I'd probably get them done every time I went though!!
        Great investment for the club owner. At a quid a time it won’t take long for him to get his money back.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
          Great investment for the club owner. At a quid a time it won’t take long for him to get his money back.
          Your not wrong there Nifty, This is exactly the one he's put in the club.

https://rosetta.org.uk/pool-billiard...337-2344-p.asp

Although he said he got it for ?380, very sound investment, I know I will be handing over a few pound coins.

Comment

380.00 quid is still a lot of dosh when you can make one for under 50 quid

Comment

I'd check that the fluid used isn't abrasive before I'd use it. That Aramith ball restorer is abrasive, I wouldn't give it the time of day. Balls are clean anyway John.
              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

I use non silicone pledge , always cleans the balls very well with out any adverse reactions when playing ,as said Aramith ball cleaner is not good ,in fact it’s pretty useless .

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post

I'd check that the fluid used isn't abrasive before I'd use it. That Aramith ball restorer is abrasive, I wouldn't give it the time of day. Balls are clean anyway John.
                  Will do, thanks for heads up vmax, If you avoid Aramith ball cleaner, and they make em, what do you use?

Comment

https://ibb.co/PtGRXhL
                    I use this.

Comment

Will do, thanks for heads up vmax, If you avoid Aramith ball cleaner, and they make em, what do you use?
                      Aramith ball restorer is a different product to their ball cleaner, which is something I've never tried so I don't have an opinion on that.
                      I bought the ball restorer for an old set of billiard balls I bought and when I used it I could feel it was abrasive when rubbing it between my fingers, a bit like autosol metal cleaner, very tiny particles in the liquid. The ball restorer did get all the old marks off, I'll give it that, but at a cost, I had to polish the balls on a buffing wheel to get them to shine again.

I put a squirt of washing up liquid in a bowl of hot water and clean the balls with a soft cloth, put them in the dish rack to air dry and then buff with a lint free cloth. I then polish the object balls with Mr. Sheen, not the cue ball, too many miscues
                      If you look at the surface of a snooker ball with an electron microscope it looks like the himalayas, polish sitting in the troughs makes the surface flatter and therefore less friction on contact, polish on the peaks means more friction and bad contacts. Don't ever just apply polish and leave it to dry and think you can then play with them, it will be horrible. Once the polish is dry (ten minutes) buff hard with a lint free or microfibre cloth it to take it all off and the polish will only sit in the troughs although you won't be able to see it.
                      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post

Aramith ball restorer is a different product to their ball cleaner, which is something I've never tried so I don't have an opinion on that.
                        I bought the ball restorer for an old set of billiard balls I bought and when I used it I could feel it was abrasive when rubbing it between my fingers, a bit like autosol metal cleaner, very tiny particles in the liquid. The ball restorer did get all the old marks off, I'll give it that, but at a cost, I had to polish the balls on a buffing wheel to get them to shine again.

I put a squirt of washing up liquid in a bowl of hot water and clean the balls with a soft cloth, put them in the dish rack to air dry and then buff with a lint free cloth. I then polish the object balls with Mr. Sheen, not the cue ball, too many miscues
                        If you look at the surface of a snooker ball with an electron microscope it looks like the himalayas, polish sitting in the troughs makes the surface flatter and therefore less friction on contact, polish on the peaks means more friction and bad contacts. Don't ever just apply polish and leave it to dry and think you can then play with them, it will be horrible. Once the polish is dry (ten minutes) buff hard with a lint free or microfibre cloth it to take it all off and the polish will only sit in the troughs although you won't be able to see it.
                        Brilliant advice vmax, logged.

Comment

vmax, got them today, not an officianado of snooker balls but they are spot on, All good, perfectly wraped as well, Thank you.

Comment

vmax, got them today, not an officianado of snooker balls but they are spot on, All good, perfectly wraped as well, Thank you.
                            Here's to many big breaks with them and zero bad contacts

Comment

No bad contacts todate vmax, I did misscue yesterday trying to play a deep screw shot the white jumped over the OB I put it down to the new tip.

Comment

NI did misscue yesterday trying to play a deep screw shot the white jumped over the OB
                                I did the same!
                                Green on spot, landed straight on it; wanting to screw back to the reds....
                                Jumped over the Green straight into the pocket!

I put it down to "trying too hard and lack of table time"
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X