Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my cue case doesn't protect the cue against rain

Hi,
    I noticed that my cue case is not protecting the cue against water properly when it rains.
    As moisture can be very harmful to the cue, I am wondering if you guys have any strategies how to carry around the cue on rainy days?

My case itself doesn't seem to get soaked with water.
    Maybe I just need to add some tape/rubber to the sides where it opens, to make it 'rainproof'?

I'd invest in a new case. Some cases, especially the cheaper aluminium ones, don't close completely at the ends. The plastic ends don't go together flush. Should be able to get something watertight for not much money. I have a Cuecraft aluminium one which is decent. I don't go in the rain much though as I park near the club. I'm sure other members would have more suggestions.

If you want to stick with what you've got, and you know where the water is getting in, it shouldn't be too hard to bodge a temporary solution.

Comment

I have two custom made wood/leather cases from previous members on TSF and I coated the leather with "parade black" wax polish when I got them and they protect the cues from any ingress of rain in normal walking to and from the car.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by bentCue View Post
        Hi,
        I noticed that my cue case is not protecting the cue against water properly when it rains.
        As moisture can be very harmful to the cue, I am wondering if you guys have any strategies how to carry around the cue on rainy days?

Maybe I just need to add some tape/rubber to the sides where it opens, to make it 'rainproof'?
        A plastic cover/disposable clean wrap roll on if you are not worried about it's looks or get a water proof cloth in the shape of a case sewn. Don't know if you would find it though.

Comment

Golf umbrella's are useful.
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

thanks for the responses. I don't think i want to buy a new case yet. i will check if I can seal the gaps somehow

Comment

Hi,

If you are walking further than just to the car then you can buy the standard fishing rod case and put the cue case in there. Most cases aren't really designed for the heavy rain scenario although some are better than others.

When I make cases I don't design them to be taken out in the rain for any distance, I also avoid taking any decent leather or suede shoes in the rain for the same reasons. I guess if it's solely for cue protection then a standard cue craft case is normally pretty good.
              Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
              Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
              Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

i think i might bite the bullet and buy a better cue case that protects the cue better against rain.

can anyone recommend a decent sturdy cue case? ideally aliminium.
                i have a 3/4 cue, and mini butt and one telescopic extension that need to fit in.

Comment

i think i might bite the bullet and buy a better cue case that protects the cue better against rain.

i have a 3/4 cue, and mini butt and one telescopic extension that need to fit in.
                  Cue craft.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

Cue craft.
                    second that
                    Cue Craft ali case all the way
                    they used to do various colours but seems to be the usual Silver and (maybe) black

Other option is Woods Cues now do ali cases, but not sure about cost to delivery etc.

Comment

I bought a woods cue case from China in Dec 2017. Quality was not good. One of the locks was not working. There was a dent on the case too. I complained and got a partial refund.

They look good though

Woodscues.com
                      Last edited by fkhan; 1 December 2021, 12:55 PM.

Comment

thanks for the info FK

Comment

one online shop is listing the cue craft case (3/4 cue) as weighing more than 1Kg - is that true?
                          sound very heavy

Comment

one online shop is listing the cue craft case (3/4 cue) as weighing more than 1Kg - is that true?
                            sound very heavy
                            my wife's metallic burgundy 1pc Cue Craft ali case weight just around 1.7kg and about 2.7kg with the 1pc cue, a mini butt, a long tele-extension, two chalk and one chap-stick (essential she says! )

but it always feels balance and easy to carry

so a 3/4 could be around that weight mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                            X