Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeanH
    replied
    The foam will compress a bit to the shape of your cue and extensions, this will separate them further so you should not clatter them when putting in or taking out
    This will also make closing the case a bit easier

Only your description reminded me of the characteristics of CueCraft cases, I had forgotten/gotten used to

Enjoy

Leave a comment:

• bentCue
    replied
    yay!! the new case arrived.

here are a few first impressions:

- i am surprised that the case doesn't open very wide. just wide enough to allow easy access. but i would prefer if it opened a bit more.
    - the foam seems to hold the cue and extensions firmly in place, they don't seem to slide around in the case - which is pretty good!
    - it takes some force to close the case - which has to do with the foam tensely pressing against the cue. again, i think this is good.
    - there isn't much space between the two rows of foam and between the foam and the metal sides of the case. the cue parts and the extensions easily bump against each other or against the metal, when you move them or take them out.
    - the locks feel a bit flimsy, but overall the case feels very sturdy and will definitely not let any rain drops in

Leave a comment:

• Starsky
    replied
    Worth getting one of those tip protectors to wear over the the tip while your transporting your cue. . I never heard of them before I saw some of the pro players had them recently. They are meant to protect your tip in case of any moisture ingress in your case which would mess up your tip.

Leave a comment:

• bentCue
    replied
    there weren't that many options, really. cuecraft 3/4 in silver aluminium is what i got
    the other interesting one would have been the 'wide' version of the same case, but i only have 2 extensions and the cue
    (i might add cue tip tools at some point, and of course chalk)

oh, and will be delivered tomorrow
    Last edited by bentCue; 2 December 2021, 02:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by bentCue View Post
    yes, it happened to me twice that i came home and had a few traces of water entering the case on the sides
    nothing extreme - but i don't want my cue to get wet, even if its only a few drops

the sides of my current case are not sealed, they have little gaps that allow dust, rain etc to get in
    I do carry plastic covers with me, but i rather have a case that offers enough protection

I just ordered the cuecraft case - i hope it will solve the issue ;-)
    cool
    what did you go for? I notice many of the colours are no longer available and most are out of stock and they make them to order
    What time scale did you get?

Leave a comment:

• bentCue
    replied
    yes, it happened to me twice that i came home and had a few traces of water entering the case on the sides
    nothing extreme - but i don't want my cue to get wet, even if its only a few drops

the sides of my current case are not sealed, they have little gaps that allow dust, rain etc to get in
    I do carry plastic covers with me, but i rather have a case that offers enough protection

I just ordered the cuecraft case - i hope it will solve the issue ;-)

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Just to fully answer your rain part of you OP - most cue cases will protect the inside from a general rainfall but wont in a torrential downpour and/or for extended length of time.
    Have you checked your existing case for any gaps or split?
    If you always walk longish distances and live in a rainy country () you may wish to invest in a cover like above or an extendable poly-case like used for skis, of course all this can/will add to weight

Leave a comment:

• matthias
    replied
    parasol cover, maybe?
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133826216...oAAOSwbl9dTTty

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363476278121
    Last edited by matthias; 2 December 2021, 08:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    The weight is also what makes it more durable and superior in quality.

Leave a comment:

• Mark187187
    replied
    Another vote for Cuecraft. A kilo may sound heavy, but it's not really given the size. I've always felt they feel quite lightweight in hand.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by bentCue View Post
    one online shop is listing the cue craft case (3/4 cue) as weighing more than 1Kg - is that true?
    sound very heavy
    my wife's metallic burgundy 1pc Cue Craft ali case weight just around 1.7kg and about 2.7kg with the 1pc cue, a mini butt, a long tele-extension, two chalk and one chap-stick (essential she says! )

but it always feels balance and easy to carry

so a 3/4 could be around that weight mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• bentCue
    replied
    one online shop is listing the cue craft case (3/4 cue) as weighing more than 1Kg - is that true?
    sound very heavy

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    thanks for the info FK

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    Screenshot_20211201-181807_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20211201-181240_Outlook.jpg Screenshot_20211201-181252_Outlook.jpg Screenshot_20211201-181309_Outlook.jpg

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    I bought a woods cue case from China in Dec 2017. Quality was not good. One of the locks was not working. There was a dent on the case too. I complained and got a partial refund.

They look good though

Woodscues.com
    Last edited by fkhan; 1 December 2021, 12:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X