New 1g balls, are they real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 1g balls, are they real?

I bought these recently. They are due to arrive soon. Do they look genuine? The box looks correct. I want an expert opinion though. I need to buy a scale to weigh them. I think they must weigh 141 +/- 1gm, correct? Any other tell tale signs to look out for?Screenshot_20211110-012410_WhatsApp.jpg Screenshot_20211110-012546_WhatsApp.jpg Screenshot_20211110-012811_WhatsApp.jpg
    Last edited by fkhan; 13 November 2021, 03:43 PM.

They can any where in the region of 138-142g but as long as the range of the set is only 1g they are a good set

Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      They can any where in the region of 138-142g but as long as the range of the set is only 1g they are a good set
      Thank you as always, Dean. I will weigh them and post here. I assume that the pics look genuine. Also, what's that Nic Barrow paper in there? Is that usually included or did the seller just put that in?
      Last edited by fkhan; 13 November 2021, 12:36 AM.

Comment

If the metal box is crap , looks like it’s going to fall to bits and looks cheap and flimsy ,then I would say it’s definitely a genuine Aramith set

Comment

The colours look right, the white is a more ivory colour which is correct. The case looks genuine, I think they improved the handle on newer sets as it used to break within a few weeks!! The Nic Barrow card is for the practice/training cue ball that Aramith make for him, so is probably in there as an advert for the product.

Definitely worth weighing them if only for peace of mind. All looks correct though.
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

Thank you as always, Dean. I will weigh them and post here. I assume that the pics look genuine. Also, what's that Nic Barrow paper in there? Is that usually included or did the seller just put that in?
            I’m sure a while back there was some special offer where you could buy two sets at a discounted price? Maybe the reason why someone is selling a new set. Maybe Nic bought a job lot to sell on?

Comment

Thanks guys.
              Last edited by fkhan; 13 November 2021, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Just arrived. Here are some more pics. The balls look brand new with no scratches at all, checked all pieces thoroughly. Need to just weigh them. Screenshot_20211113-172044_WhatsApp.jpg Screenshot_20211113-172048_WhatsApp.jpg Screenshot_20211113-172054_WhatsApp.jpg Screenshot_20211113-172058_WhatsApp.jpg

Comment

Just thinking about it. I’m sure my set of Tournament Champs came with the Nic Barrow leaflet in there also? Maybe their just trying to promote his training ball made by them… They look a genuine set any road… As you say just check the weight and that will confirm it.

What did you pay for them out of interest?

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
                    Just thinking about it. I’m sure my set of Tournament Champs came with the Nic Barrow leaflet in there also? Maybe their just trying to promote his training ball made by them… They look a genuine set any road… As you say just check the weight and that will confirm it.

What did you pay for them out of interest?
                    200 quid delivered, bought them locally.

Comment

I would say they are definitely the real deal. Look after them and they will last a long time although you may need to replace the white at some stage. I bought mine a long time ago and they’re still like new. Mines weren’t sold as 1g but they are. Still the same flimsy case by the looks of it. New handle, which looks more secure, and now being called Superpro1g. It looks like they’ve added a bit you can put a padlock on if you so wish

PS. My handle fell off and I had to replace it.
                      Last edited by Nifty50; 13 November 2021, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                        I would say they are definitely the real deal. Look after them and they will last a long time although you may need to replace the white at some stage. I bought mine a long time ago and they’re still like new. Mines weren’t sold as 1g but they are. Still the same flimsy case by the looks of it. New handle, which looks more secure, and now being called Superpro1g. It looks like they’ve added a bit you can put a padlock on if you so wish

PS. My handle fell off and I had to replace it.
                        Interesting. How did you replace the handle?

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                          Interesting. How did you replace the handle?
                          It was easy enough. Bought a handle from B&Q (DIY store). Drilled a couple of holes in the case. Handle held on by small nut. No different from the way a handle is fixed to a kitchen cupboard. Was planning to buy a nicer looking handle but never got round to it. The drilling bit was easy as the case is very flimsy. Shortly after my handle came off I had another catastrophe! Someone stood on my case and bent it slightly out of shape. I had to bend it back into shape as best I could. You can probably see a scuff mark on the side of the case. Grrrr. Enjoy your set. Have to say the first time I played with my new balls was fantastic. Gave my game a real lift.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                            It was easy enough. Bought a handle from B&Q (DIY store). Drilled a couple of holes in the case. Handle held on by small nut. No different from the way a handle is fixed to a kitchen cupboard. Was planning to buy a nicer looking handle but never got round to it. The drilling bit was easy as the case is very flimsy. Shortly after my handle came off I had another catastrophe! Someone stood on my case and bent it slightly out of shape. I had to bend it back into shape as best I could. You can probably see a scuff mark on the side of the case. Grrrr. Enjoy your set. Have to say the first time I played with my new balls was fantastic. Gave my game a real lift.
                            Good work. The handle looks nice. If I were to change the handle, I would probably break the case.

Comment

Don’t forget to give them a cleanup before you play! Mine had a few kicks and bad contacts until I used some Aramith ball cleaner on them. Now I rarely have any bad contacts

Comment

Working...
                              X