Chalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chalk

Well my local snooker club for one reason or another has stopped supplying triangle chalk and now only sells a blue 'premium' chalk, now i dont know why they done this as triangle chalk is basically the best chalk around.

but why is this? why is it that green chalk is regarded as better chalk then blue chalk? and if this was true why would manufacturers make blue chalk when they know they would get a bad reception. wouldnt they all make green chalk?

so i was thinking there must be an advantage of using blue chalk and vice versa for green chalk so i thought i would ask the wonderful members here.

whats the difference of the chalks and whats the adantages of each?

/ end of life story.

Malachi
    Age:17 full time snooker player hoping to get somewhere in the future!

Look on page 2 of the accessories section. chalk has been covered alot before so should help you there
    sigpic <---New Website
    Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

I dont think theres much difference between blue chalk and green chalk unless yur colourblind.. Many people cannot tell the difference between green tomatoes or ripe tomatoes or the difference between a blue-eyed blonde and a green-eyed redhead.... but as far as chalk goes...its just chalk innit? whatever the colour!

Comment

Try chalking your tip with blue triangle then hit the ball note that a lot of chalk is left on the cueball clean both tip and ball and apply green. Do the same and oddly enough the chalk seems to just drop on the table not stick to the cueball.
        My lad was shown this last week by his coach and i was surprised. :snooker:

Comment

Yes i believe thats the exact reason all the pros use green. You get different coloured chalks for different coloured cloths but i dont know why they havent decided on just green snooker chalk given its so unanimously liked.
          sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

I find you mis-cue a lot with Blue chalk, i just don't feel confident of doing something like a deep screw unless i'm using Green triangle, its not just the colour either, some Green chalks i've tried are rubbish!
            After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

Originally Posted by Malachi-b View Post
              Well my local snooker club for one reason or another has stopped supplying triangle chalk and now only sells a blue 'premium' chalk, now i dont know why they done this as triangle chalk is basically the best chalk around.

but why is this? why is it that green chalk is regarded as better chalk then blue chalk? and if this was true why would manufacturers make blue chalk when they know they would get a bad reception. wouldnt they all make green chalk?

so i was thinking there must be an advantage of using blue chalk and vice versa for green chalk so i thought i would ask the wonderful members here.

whats the difference of the chalks and whats the adantages of each?

/ end of life story.

Malachi
              so many chinese-faked triangle chalks in asia These faked chalks don't grip the tip well (testing by using genuine vs faked on the same tip while playing within the same frame)
              It's in the Shaft

Comment

chalk

Hi the reason is that Green Chalk does not mark the table as blue chalk and where i play the owner tells us to use Green Chalk and also you make less miscues with Green Chalk cheers Leonard

Comment

Working...
                X