The great chalk mission!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The great chalk mission!

Chalk.. Has anyone ever finished a block? And i dont mean chalking a big hole down the middle i mean really finishing a block.
    Personally I don't know a single person that has ever finished one... People seem to get halfway down, then lose it, or give up on it and start a new one... One of my mates always chalks diagonally so he cuts a big X in his chalk, then scraps it and gets a new one..
    Well it's been my personal mission for 3 years now to finish my block of chalk before buying a new one! And I have finally suceeded (as far as sensibly possible anyway).

The metal clip is now the only thing holding it together and it tried to disintegrate... So I had to start a new block of chalk. So I am now the only person I personally know that has ever finished a block of chalk...
    Anyone else done the same

Looking at that pic I feel I should use it more... But its so small now its difficult and if I took it out of the metal clip it would fall apart....
    sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

That's nowhere near finished boyo.

Comment

I cant hold it properly any more i keep chalking my hand lol! And the metal clip gets in the way... Its a lot smaller than that pic makes it look though... It is actually falling apart... If you look at the front you can see the metal where a chunk fell off.

Comment

I accomplished the same thing with my last block of chalk but dont have the photo to prove it as it's been disposed of. Had for about 2 years or so before it crumbled into nothing. Was a good feeling though when it did...felt as if i truly got my money's worth.
        "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

I feel sorry for the people just taking up snooker that buy boxes of 144 chalks in preperation of joining our great game lol!

Only 11p per block!!

And your grandchildren won't have to buy any either

Comment

11p???? I pay 45p its an outrage!!

And ive come close but no I havent finished one.
            Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
            Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

I've got a worn chalk. I really want to try and finish one too, with mine I have an 'x' in the middle where I chalk. I bit like those little cartons of butter with the patterns on top of the butter!

Comment

I have been trying do the same at my home table but my brothers force me to get a new chalk

Comment

Can i just ask one question........Why ?

Comment

Why - that is a good question!

I use a magna grip so i wear mine down until the lowest point is level with the plastic.

I do dislike using a brand new chalk though - doesn;t feel right.

Comment

I once wore one down much more than that

Comment

I came close, but it cracked before i got my money's worth

Last edited by MattCash; 5 February 2011, 05:22 PM. Reason: deleted pic by accident

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerloopy_08 View Post
                          , but it cracked before i got my money's worth

lol , :d :d

Comment

Now calculate how many frames that chalk has lasted for and how much the in time and money the tables have cost you

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerloopy_08 View Post
                              I came close, but it cracked before i got my money's worth

Heres a question.... I actually look at my chalk and plan my chalkings accordingly so that it wears down level (sad isnt it )

Whereas here you have a hole in the centre with the sides still quite built up... So which is more efficient in terms of remaining volume of chalk when it becomes unusable

Comment

Working...
                              X