Cue oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue oil

Well im thinking about giving my cue some love and give something back to it for all the enjoyment it gives me so i was wondering what is the best cue oil on sale and is it worth getting it?

thanks

-Malachi-b
    Age:17 full time snooker player hoping to get somewhere in the future!

if you contact a cue maker and say please they might send you a little pot of what they use in the post or you can try craftsman cues they sell it on there web site or try using linseed oil

Comment

Linseed oil from any shop, Mike Wooldridge sells his on his site and Bitter (welsh pool) sells his on his ebay. Personally I'd just buy some linseed oil.
      sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

You may ask Mike Wooldridge, he has some for sale. According to his site, what he sells is what he uses on his cues, which are silky smooth.
        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

what shops sell linseed oil?

Comment

Hardware/ DIY shops

Comment

Raw linseed (remember not boiled) or Danish oil (never used this myself).

I'd be interested to know what mix the cue makers use. I know Mike sells it so might not want to tell. Whatever Trevor White uses is better than just linseed oil that I have at home.

I remember ADR147 put his wax mix up once; he used to sell that too.
              Has there ever been a cue finish poll?
              Oil, wax, lacquer, that plastic stuff 9 ball cues have fibre glass?, Graphite, bare wood, other.

Comment

The oil I use Tends to be less sticky than Linseed.

However it's a trade secret....

Comment

I use beeswax which seems to work fine on my cue.

Comment

Raw linseed is the best. But im trying clear teak oil at the minute and seeing how it comes out. If it works it will be nice as it wont yellow the woods and darken them.
                    sigpic <---New Website
                    Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

linseed from B&Q (the high grade stuff) works lovely on cues

(thank god i get workers relative discount and on wednesdays when i se4nd my dad pensioners discount on top of that hehe)

Comment

I use this one:

http://www.kremer-pigmente.de/shopin...&product=73300

It is called refined in English but it is a bleached raw linseed without siccative.
                        So it has the positive of raw linseed oil combined with the positive effect of not coloring the shaft.
                        I am confused... Oh wait... Maybe I'm not...

Comment

I also use the clear teak oil and I find it never gets sticky and I don't have to use it often plus it's a little thinner and darker than raw linseed.

Terry
                          Terry Davidson
                          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Working...
                          X