• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• billiard balls

need some billiard balls
    full size
    red/yellow /white

anyone reccomend a reputable supplier or anyone on here ty

go to a snooker club you dont like and "accquire" a red a white and a yellow

Comment

lol ha ha , to be honest some idiot stole my set arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

You could always buy a set of aramith tournament champion balls (snooker) and then use the red white and yellow out of that set, then at least you can play both games....

Just an idea
        All smelling pistakes (c) my keyboard, I can spell but it can't type

Comment

Try Stu Green from Thornaby always has great prices and very easy to deal with his website www.greenbaize.com and his contact details should be on there!!
          solo 105

match 82

still waiting for that ton!

Comment

Originally Posted by bkpaul View Post
            You could always buy a set of aramith tournament champion balls (snooker) and then use the red white and yellow out of that set, then at least you can play both games....

Just an idea
            be careful young man! I too have my own set or Aramith TC's (lovely balls)and I don't have the scales to weigh them accurately but snooker balls are thought to be fine if there is no more than a 3g difference between the heaviest and the lightest ...

billiard balls, on the other hand, as I understand it, should have no more than 0.5g difference ...

as some popstar once must have sung "that's a whole lot of difference" ...

Comment

then, I would not like to use my snooker yellow as a cue ball, leaving chalk marks on it...

Comment

Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
                then, I would not like to use my snooker yellow as a cue ball, leaving chalk marks on it...
                Just clean them with Aramith ball cleaner.... job done!

Comment

I know the ball cleaner, have used it already, but then, I've encountered marks on cue balls that won't disappear... maybe from the ferrule, when miss cueing the white. not on MY cue ball tough...

Comment

In that case you aren't playing with my balls! :snooker:

Comment

http://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalo...ard_balls.html

this any good to you - i dont think you will get them any cheaper

Comment

Originally Posted by bkpaul View Post
                        Just clean them with Aramith ball cleaner.... job done!
                        as I said above I do have my own set of Aramith TC's (great balls) ... they're nearly a year old now but only played with once a week - so maybe 150 hours of play at most ...

I don't have any Aramith ball cleaner but I occasionally was them in hot soapy water ... but some of them do clearly have "burn spots" ... I'd guess produced by ball-to-ball contact rather than cue-tip to ball ...

I personally wish they didn't have these marks but I think the only option is to polish them (with a polish obviously) which would remove the marks but also completely change the way they play - which I'm reluctant to do ...

Comment

The marks should be removable with ball cleaner.... Never use soapy water as that leaves a nasty residue! and produces kicks by virtue of the residue is sticky and as such attracts dirt.

Comment

Working...
                          X