Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
    Off topic
    Sorry to jump in on this thread guys, can any one tell me where I can get the small green stick on spots for snooker tables.
    Best option which youve proberbly tried already...EBAY..Btw why green?
    I can see the table, but lost my ....ive lost my balls

Comment

hi lads
      maybe its just me but i have been trying numerous tips out and found almost all of them too hard including talisman s.I do admit i am an elk fan but understand how inconsistant they are which cracks me up when changing tips.saying that when you find a good one(i think one in every 3 or 4 per box)it is ideal for my game.With the harder tips i find delicate little screw shots cause me to miscue a lot more than with a softer tip,also i find you get better feel for shots with the softer tip although you obviously have to change them more often.I believe the closest thing to a consistant elk is probably the wooldridge tips.
      anyone agree??
      thanks

Comment

Yes agree, MW tips are good, more consistent than elks!!! I suggest if youre happy with Mw tips and suit your style of play then youve achieved the ULTIMATE GOAL, and saved yourself a visit to your local SHRINK!!! Stick to them mate... There is no MAGIC tip, its all MENTAL.!! There are advantages and likewise disadvantages in all tips.

Comment

Originally Posted by heera2009 View Post
          i am 1st on board for 14mm ss.... Can you get a £s? And maybe others here too.
          I have two new 14mm black kamui tips in 'Medium' that I bought from the USA. I don't need them so if anyone is interested in buying either (or both) then please just send me a pm.......

Oldgit
          'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Originally Posted by Oldgit View Post
            I have two new 14mm black kamui tips in 'Medium' that I bought from the USA. I don't need them so if anyone is interested in buying either (or both) then please just send me a pm.......

Oldgit
            hi oldgit (feels insulting writing OLDGIT.. I would have preffered to write OVER THE HILL) haha... I would love to take them off your hands, but i am looking for 14mms/s, i have tried 14mm med, although i prefer a firm tip i found these hard, and not very good at holding chalk IMO...I Am currently using 11mm med black kamui, but TBH they have a vast difference between the 2, so i am in search for the SUPER SOFT!! Thanks for letting us know , maybe someone will be intrerested..or stick them on EABY!! Good luck O G.

Comment

Originally Posted by heera2009 View Post
              hi oldgit (feels insulting writing OLDGIT.. I would have preffered to write OVER THE HILL) haha... I would love to take them off your hands, but i am looking for 14mms/s, i have tried 14mm med, although i prefer a firm tip i found these hard, and not very good at holding chalk IMO...I Am currently using 11mm med black kamui, but TBH they have a vast difference between the 2, so i am in search for the SUPER SOFT!! Thanks for letting us know , maybe someone will be intrerested..or stick them on EABY!! Good luck O G.
              Heera are you saying you don't think the 11mm is as good as the 14mm??

I am currently playing with the 14mm Soft... did try the Medium but found it a tad too hard.. the soft, in my opinion, is the best tip i have used!

You'll have to let me know what you think about the Super Soft if you get to use one... there doesn't seem to be anyone on the forums using this density tip!

Comment

Originally Posted by s1ivv3r View Post
                Heera are you saying you don't think the 11mm is as good as the 14mm??

I am currently playing with the 14mm Soft... did try the Medium but found it a tad too hard.. the soft, in my opinion, is the best tip i have used!

You'll have to let me know what you think about the Super Soft if you get to use one... there doesn't seem to be anyone on the forums using this density tip!
                The 11mm is very good tip IMO the kamui tips are excellent if they suit your game... The reason i prefer to use 14m is simply COST!! 11mm£10- 14mm£10-12 each...and as you know they are easily cut into 2...making the ££, the same as Talismans...Thats it. But definatley sticking to KAMUI for the meantime, will try out cowhide talismans though. :snooker:

Comment

The only problem i see with the Kamui is that they are only 6 layers and obviously 3 if you cut them in half. Now it tend to be that, the more layers the less likely the tip is to lose shape. therefor, with it only being 3 layers when cut in half, i would imagine it might not keep shape as good. Please let us all know how it keeps shape.
                  Just put on another thread that i have the new talisman cowhide tips and i am going to test them soon.
                  "Don't think, feel"

Comment

I use Kamui Black SS with 10 layers and there is no problem to cut it. Only Kamui II has 6 layers.
                    Last edited by mihnea; 7 April 2010, 04:35 PM.

Comment

The 6 layers are 5.2 mm high imo just a bit small to cut in half , i know some people use a flat tip , i prefer a tip about 3 mm .

Comment

[QUOTE=mihnea;483081]I use Kamui Black SS with 10 layers and there is no problem to cut it. Only Kamui II has 6 layers.[/QUO
                        HI mihnea, what tip would you compare in density to the kamui ss? Also where , and how much do you pay per tip? thanks.:snooker:

Comment

Used talisman tips a few years ago but they tend to split quite fast.

Is it easy to tip your cue with a kamui tip ? do you have to dome the tip, how to do it ? like you do with an elkmaster tip ? will you not ruin the tip when filing too much to dome it ?

Comment

[QUOTE=luchtzak;483564]Used talisman tips a few years ago but they tend to split quite fast.

Is it easy to tip your cue with a kamui tip?yes. do you have to dome the tip?yes they come as flat as a pancake how to do it like you do with an elkmaster tip ? yes. will you not ruin the tip when filing too much to dome it ? just do enough to dome and PRESTO!! away you go

Comment

Working...
                            X