Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What tip do YOU use and how do you rate it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't mind spending that on a tip to be honest... It's only a tenner really.. It's worth trying one out for that.. I might try a kamui when my BD gets too smAll/out of shape and considering the amount I play that could be in about amonth lol
    what a frustrating, yet addictive game this is....

Comment

im sure there are many people who will think the following comment is nonsense, but i have really noticed something down my local club:
      The higher standard players seem to like the really hard tips, such as talisman or kamui (and maybe they the only ones who think its worth spending the money)
      i have fitted a talisman for a couple of lower standard players and they just dont have a good enough technique to generate the spin, they keep miscueing etc.
      I have found that the MW supertip (pressed version) has worked well for these ppl.

I personally have fallen in love with the Talisman soft, because I find I am cueing straighter due to less throw from unintentional side, and therefore my potting has got a bit better. I am also able to generate more spin than I will ever need, and with very little effort to do so, although my cue power was always good.

I would recommend a talisman soft as your next tip, see how you get on with it.
      But one thing, always give the tip a couple of weeks at least before you cast your final judgement, although I got a 51 second frame with the Talisman, it does seem to be playing better after a week or two of putting it on than it did initially
      Highest Match Break - 77
      Highest Practice Break - 101, 106, 111
      Highest Breaks of 2010 - 76-65-62-61-60-60-59-57

Comment

Maybe I will I spoke to my friend to ask if he wanted a couple kamui tips if I import some but he said his coach said not to go for leathe. And that he had leather tips before and didn't get on with them (obviously it would be different For me but now I'm thinking of tryig something different)

I've always used BD tips and he is going to bring me an elk master to try but I may try the talisman like you say.. My cue power has always been decent and I do find with this new (ish) BD tip I seem to be potting better and getting bigger breaks but I'm not sure whether that's just down to elevation in skill given the fact I'm still learning and hVent played for long..

Lol decisions decisions!

Comment

Talismans are a good tip, but do have a tendency to delaminate!!! No such incidents as yet with a kamui personally, but if has happened to anyone please comment.
          I can see the table, but lost my ....ive lost my balls

Comment

Luke, i personally think the elk would be a waste of time too, same problems as BDs, takes ages to find a good one.
            If you do want to stick with a pressed tip instead of laminated, then you have 2 options really:
            MW supertip; a "good elk" everytime, well worth it if u like the same style as bd/elk.
            Pro Granite; not used one personally, but a quick search and u will see how many ppl sing their praises. this tip is a lot harder than bd,elk,mw and i would say it is closer in texture to a talisman, and yet it still grips chalk like the hairs in ya crack grip... anyways...
            watever you choose, good luck, hope it works for u
            Highest Match Break - 77
            Highest Practice Break - 101, 106, 111
            Highest Breaks of 2010 - 76-65-62-61-60-60-59-57

Comment

Lmfao @ like the hairs in your crack grip... Haha!

I might try out the mw supertip, I quite like soft, cushiony tips which is why I like the BDs but then sayingthat I've never had anything else so don't know if I'd like the hard tips or not all I know is it annoys me when the BD tip oes hard and don't grip the chalk as well lol

Comment

gave up on elks due to inconsistency and they seem to need a coupla frames or sessions to "warm up"... metaphorically...

i've started using o'min layered tips for the past 2 months... it's hard, which suits me fine, consistent and holds chalk adequately... in my opinion, good stuff...
                When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

i use an mw super tip i thought it was a bit soft when i put it on but its firmed up nicely and now i luv it

Comment

Just played for the second time with a pro granite . Not sure about it after the first session but now its bedded in , i really like . Seems to grip the cue ball more . It seems softer than an Elkmaster as well . As most people have already said , it also holds the chalk well . Not sure if i will try the MW tip now after using this one .
                    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by damienlch View Post
                      gave up on elks due to inconsistency and they seem to need a coupla frames or sessions to "warm up"... metaphorically...

i've started using o'min layered tips for the past 2 months... it's hard, which suits me fine, consistent and holds chalk adequately... in my opinion, good stuff...
                      Yes.. they are

Comment

I think a lot of lower standard players would struggle with the Laminated tips out there due to the type of leather used(pig skin or buffalo). That is why Talisman have came up with the new type, made from cow hide it offers incredible grip. The grip is comparable to a very good pressed tip, but it offers all the benefits of any other laminated tip, like its ability to keep its shape and out last a pressed tip.
                        I will let you all know once they are on public sale. I am still waiting on a couple of review from forum members and some from players at my club but the initial response has been very positive and i think they will be a great success.
                        "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Working...
                        X