• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• billabong
    replied
    Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    Made up out of all the leftovers ehh
    Nice tho
    Yep. I asked Crispian about the colours, and got back "lol, last of all leathers, so was all I had "

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    Made up out of all the leftovers ehh
    Nice tho

Leave a comment:

• billabong
    replied
    New North Wales case

Possibly one of Crispian's last cases made, has just arrived. My pics bad. Looks even brighter in the flesh.

Leave a comment:

• billabong
    replied
    sorry double post
    Last edited by billabong; 8 April 2015, 08:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lesedwards
    replied
    Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
    Thanks Ramon, I don't know about making good money but I have found something I enjoy doing in my slow months. Going out today to source out brass for end protectors.
    Case almost complete. Straps made and installed. I was able to find Brass flat bar yesterday so I have one end done and will finish the other end tomorrow and it will be completely finished. I can't wait to get onto my next one.

Leave a comment:

• lesedwards
    replied
    Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
    Realy Nice work !!! Looks great !! Looks like u gonna make good money Less !!!
    Thanks Ramon, I don't know about making good money but I have found something I enjoy doing in my slow months. Going out today to source out brass for end protectors.

Leave a comment:

• Ramon
    replied
    Realy Nice work !!! Looks great !! Looks like u gonna make good money Less !!!

Leave a comment:

• lesedwards
    replied
    Just about have my second case finished. Waiting on a part for my commercial sewing machine to make up the straps. This has been a real learning experience......LOL

Leave a comment:

• lesedwards
    replied
    Hard to get a good look by the photos but I am guessing it is pretty nice. Your right no introduction needed. What kind of price tag on their cases? If you don't mind me asking.

Leave a comment:

• jim evans
    replied
    my new addition ,dont need no introduction,lol,,,,

Leave a comment:

• andi mack
    replied
    Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
    Hi guys I decided to give this case building a shot and build my own one Peice case for my GBL. I have to say I really amazed myself. This one was done with a heavy imitation leather, next one I am going to attempt sewing the suede and leather,
    That's a stonking job you've done there Les, looks miles better than some i've seen being sold on ebay.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the imitation leather from? You've inspired me to have a bash at making one myself.

Leave a comment:

• justf
    replied
    Well done Les looks great mate. If you need someone to test them and rate them.........lol
    Will you make to sell??? Id be interested in one!

Leave a comment:

• lesedwards
    replied
    Originally Posted by rdsalt View Post
    Thanks, please don't take this as criticism as I think you've done a great job, from your picture the handle looks a bit thin as I would think the case would be a fair weight when it's fully loaded up, but its maybe a lot stronger than it looks.
    I agree with you. I really was not sure like I said all trial and error. I did not glue in the suede on the inside of the lid for that simple reason. I think I am going to change it to black leather.

Leave a comment:

• rdsalt
    replied
    Thanks, please don't take this as criticism as I think you've done a great job, from your picture the handle looks a bit thin as I would think the case would be a fair weight when it's fully loaded up, but its maybe a lot stronger than it looks.

Leave a comment:

• lesedwards
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    get the brass/nickel corner protectors on as well
    a brilliant effort there Les, to me the channels look a tad wide for the components, I am sure when the top is down it holds them tight
    like the shallowness to enable easy pick up

ps, where's your chalk and cloth?

now, I need a case extra wide.... how much? :biggrin:
    Hi Dean, yes a little wide but for a reason. Actually the cue divider is 1-1/2" which fits real good but the other slot where the extensions are is 2" for only one reason. The last compartment is for my chalk etc. and I thought 1-1/2" was not going to give me enough room. This one was real trial and error. I ripped the wood down to 1/2" for the shell and decided to use the same for the dividers next time I will make the dividers 1/4" once the case is closed nothing moves.
    Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    Wow!.......excellent Les .
    Thanks Neil. Had a buddy over for a match last night and I still don't think he believes that I made it....
    Originally Posted by rdsalt View Post
    If that's your first attempt at making a case Les I think you have done an fantastic job! What type of wood did you use for the frame?
    Thanks, I made the dividers and she'll out of 1/2" clear pine and the bottom and top out of 1/4" Birch Plywood GIS

Leave a comment:

Working...
X