**Post Pictures Of Your Cue Case**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    Hi Kizzy, a very nice cue there but did you mean to post these picture in the "Post Pictures of your Cue CASE" thread or the "Post Pictures of your CUE" thread?
    Haha didn't notice I posted in the wrong thread
    RIP NOEL, A TRUE TSF LEGEND.

Comment

Originally Posted by khizzy View Post
      another trevor white in my collection
      nice cue mate, when i was picking my latest cues, Trevor kindly sent me a few pictures of cue he was making with this design it's absolutely stunning. i am having some of the curly maple in one of my cues cant wait. hope it turns out as nice a looking cue as yours

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        I would say the minimum type of case you should look for is a hard case, whether that be full leather, leatherette, aluminium, or hardboard, to protect your cue. The only thing that a soft case will protect your cue from is the occasional spilt beer down the club
        Which case offers the best protection for a cue: leatherette case or aluminium case?

Comment

Gotta be an Ali case for durability and strength.

LEATHER for looks....

Leatherette if your a cheapskate.....lol...

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
            Leatherette if your a cheapskate.....lol...
            interesting thought

Comment

It really does depend on the make and model, in the past I have had a basic hard case (plastic coated) that survived being run over by a car, and an ali case which looked stronger than the "plastic" one, which did not survive falling off the back of my bicycle (obviously years ago pre-driving age)
              I would say it will come down to your personal taste and any should be good to protect your cue (so long as you do not throw them into the traffic or drop them from the top of a sky-scraper ).
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Don't see a lot of choice in the budget end for ONE piece cases cases. When you move down to 3/4 there's quite a lot to choose from. Best value IMO is ali from Craftsman. If you move up market Peredon from John Parrott are nice.

Comment

New 1pc Leather Cue Case

Some time ago I was looking for a 1pc cue case, after an extensive search, fellow TSF member - nostawmail - got in contact. Nostawmail is a hobbyist cue case maker, I was impressed with the example images he sent over so ordered the following case.
                  This was custom made leather case for a 1 pc Dan Shelton cue of 57.5” long. The design is a plain one colour (as opposed to two tone, or patchwork also available), five brass butterfly hinges, 3 cheney brass catches, 2 straps with brass buckles.
                  Case external dimensions = 59” long, 3.5” wide, 2” deep
                  Internal dimensions = two compartments, slightly tapered, 57.75” long.
                  Six “square” roll separators –these were made after a discussion with nostawmail, who usually does round rolls and he gave these a go, successfully in my opinion.
                  Price: very good value.
                  Timescale: within 4 weeks.
                  I must apologies for the poor quality of the photos, they do not do the case, etc., justice.
                  Ps. If anyone has a tele-extension that will fit the butt joint as per the mini butt, please feel free to contact me.
                  DeanH
                  Case Outside.jpgCase Hinge.jpg
                  Last edited by DeanH; 18 September 2011, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Nice looking case.....well done nostawmail

Comment

nice case...

Comment

Excellent case for a hobbyist ....as you say .

Looks very good indeed . I think he may well get a few orders now .
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I like the Stamford case . Was going to get one until i saw the multi coloured suede option .[/QUOTE]

Comment

sorry to sound thick and a nvice but what is a square and round seperator and what is the difference and why did you ask for square?

Comment

Originally Posted by paulstreetboy View Post
                              sorry to sound thick and a nvice but what is a square and round seperator and what is the difference and why did you ask for square?
                              The "square" and "round" describes the cross-sectional appearance of the separators.
                              From photo 3 you can see 3 cuboid suede lumps helping to create the chalk compartment, in photo 4 you can see one on the left of the mini butt and two on the right. The spares are awaiting to fit the tele-extension I am trying to find.
                              I have seen from other case makers, as well as nostawmail, that the rolls are purely sheets of suede, sprayed with glue and rolled tight into a round cross-section and cut to length, slightly longer than the gap in the compartment so they fit tightly and will not move. I asked nostawmail if he had done squares before, he said he had sometime ago but was not happy with those results, so initially my order was for round rolls. Then he called me to say he had found some soft-firm "plastic" that could work with and cover with the suede and he did a set to test.
                              I originally asked about square because I have some round rolls which I have found that my tip and the male-joint of the mini butt seem to ride-over the rolls sometimes and I thought that the flat blunt face of a square roll would stop this, I am very happy with the results.

Comment

my new case

My new case from crispian

Comment

Working...
                                X