the best make of chalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Acrowot View Post
    tornado taylor , the reason the chalk was not used is because I retired from playing just over 36 years ago and have only recently
    (end of May) started to play again. This is all down to finding The Snooker Forum and chatting on here - you lot have a lot to answer for .... lol.
    :snooker:
    hi acrowot, glad to know that you've picked up the game again... and this time round with some beautiful cues boot...
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

i still have 10 Balabushka cubes i bought years ago....wonder if they would sell

very hard composition..must have been for summit

pretty rubbish really

Comment

I managed to get hold of some original dark green which is very scarce .

If anyone wants to buy some then pm me for price .

Comment

I have to say that this dark green is the bees kness when it comes to laminated tips .

I have tried it on a talisman and kamui and the coverage is excellent with just one chalk .

With the light stuff i literally had to colour in my kamui tip but this stuff sticks like **** to a blanket .

Comment

Can Anyone remember Lep chalk, many years ago??

Comment

Originally Posted by purist View Post
              Can Anyone remember Lep chalk, many years ago??
              no I cant remember that. I may still have a snooker career ahead of me

Comment

Originally Posted by amactaggart View Post
                no I cant remember that. I may still have a snooker career ahead of me
                Well it was 20 odd years ago
                Lep chalk was suppose to have an anti static ingredient, so as not to stick to the cue ball supposedly reducing heavy contact.
                judging by the amount of kicks on the telly, they should bring it back

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                  I have to say that this dark green is the bees kness when it comes to laminated tips .

I have tried it on a talisman and kamui and the coverage is excellent with just one chalk .

With the light stuff i literally had to colour in my kamui tip but this stuff sticks like **** to a blanket .

The Problem with the Dark Green Original Triangle Chalk is Sometimes it leaves Dark Marks on the Cueball, Thats why they Changed the Colour to Lighter Green Triangle Chalk which doesn't Show up on the Cueball.

Please be Aware thou there are Lots of Dark Green Traingle Chalk on the Market which are FAKES!!

Gaz.

Comment

Originally Posted by BoBnoGG!n View Post
                    there was a thread on here a while back where someone said that tweeten themselves came out and told everyone that the composition of the chalk used in the master was different to the triangle. i cant remember where, im having trouble locating that thread :S
                    That's right, I remember reading that thread, and if I remember correctly it stated that the triangle was made with less silicone and so stuck less well than the Master which was made more specifically for US pool where they used more hard tips which needed a chalk which "stuck" more easily.

I can't find the bloody thread either though!
                    Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Originally Posted by KeithinFrance View Post
                      That's right, I remember reading that thread, and if I remember correctly it stated that the triangle was made with less silicone and so stuck less well than the Master which was made more specifically for US pool where they used more hard tips which needed a chalk which "stuck" more easily.

I can't find the bloody thread either though!
                      yes! thats the one im talkin about :P

i use the hardest pro granite i can find, and to be honest, master chalk does stick a tad better. thats my honest opinion. if u dont believe me, go on ebay, buy 6 cubes for 3 pounds, and try it for yourself. it just sticks nice even layer, with a simply brush on stroke.

found the post btw :P

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...+triangle+hard
                      Last edited by BoBnoGG!n; 11 January 2011, 11:44 PM.

Comment

I have some Tan coloured Master chalk. It sticks well to the tip and gets an even coverage more easily than triangle. But I don't thin kit makes me any better or worse. I've a long way to go before chalk will make the difference.

Comment

Recently I have tried the Silver Cup chalk, and it holds the tip quite well. Similar to Master. No copy yet. There are plenty of faked Triangle and Master in Asia
                          It's in the Shaft

Comment

I have posted some of these before, but seeing as this is about chalk, I thought it would fit in. Talking about fake Triangle chalk, I guess this has gone on for some time. Years ago (early 1900’s) Spinks started manufacturing their chalk with a perforated S. This was to distinguish it from the counterfeit that was being produced. I am going through the boxes of chalk that I have in storage and came across a number of old Triangle and Master. I will be giving them a try to see if there is a noticeable difference. I do have some of the anti-static chalk that someone has mentioned, but due to its age I won’t be giving it a try. I have included a Pinky Chalk Holder. When your hand was placed flat on the table the holder sat upright. It would swing down into the palm of your hand when chalking. Also does anyone know if Bulldog Chalk is still being made? As I’ve stated before, it has the best advertising logo, “It Bites And Holds On”. One tidbit, if my memory serves me right, chalk was discovered accidentally, when a cue brushed up against a stucco ceiling. It was discovered before the invention of the tip and was sold as Magic White Power. Seeing as this Forum originates in Europe, I thought the NAAFI chalk was appropriate. Sorry for the size of the pics.
                            Mike

Comment

Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
                              I have posted some of these before, but seeing as this is about chalk, I thought it would fit in. Talking about fake Triangle chalk, I guess this has gone on for some time. Years ago (early 1900’s) Spinks started manufacturing their chalk with a perforated S. This was to distinguish it from the counterfeit that was being produced. I am going through the boxes of chalk that I have in storage and came across a number of old Triangle and Master. I will be giving them a try to see if there is a noticeable difference. I do have some of the anti-static chalk that someone has mentioned, but due to its age I won’t be giving it a try. I have included a Pinky Chalk Holder. When your hand was placed flat on the table the holder sat upright. It would swing down into the palm of your hand when chalking. Also does anyone know if Bulldog Chalk is still being made? As I’ve stated before, it has the best advertising logo, “It Bites And Holds On”. One tidbit, if my memory serves me right, chalk was discovered accidentally, when a cue brushed up against a stucco ceiling. It was discovered before the invention of the tip and was sold as Magic White Power. Seeing as this Forum originates in Europe, I thought the NAAFI chalk was appropriate. Sorry for the size of the pics.
                              Mike

Mike - You are a real chalk guru
                              It's in the Shaft

Comment

Found this old thread and enjoyed reading, thought i would resurrect so people can see round chalk is not a new thing! ; )
                                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                                X