Warning & Beware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning & Beware

After several attempts at trying to sort a problem that’s being going since late last year, I’ve finally had enough now.

I’ve been forced to do the following and put this warning on the forum. This is to warn other forum members out there to be careful when ordering fibre glass cases from a certain seller/maker of fibre glass cases on ebay.

Oh yeah, apparently he's threatened to sue me if I slander him, well that won’t be possible because all of the following is true!

Just before Christmas I ordered a case off this person, I asked if he could do me a deal so it was a bit cheaper. So we done a deal, to avoid ebay fees etc, I waited several weeks for this case to arrive far longer than first told.

When it finally arrived, it was not what I ordered, it had black smears in the paintwork, bearing in mind this case is a distinctive colour, so it’s very noticeable. Along with these marks it also had scratches on the body of the case, along with bits of adhesive still on it.

Bearing in mind this case was supposed to be brand new, basically it looked dreadful, after contacting the maker of the case, he offered me a discount, which I refused to accept, he said this was a fair offer.

He said the bits of glue could be removed with a Stanley knife blade, which he obviously thought I was going to do, probably hoping that I would damage the case, so as leaving him with no liabilities anymore. I told him that I would not be touching it and said these should’ve been removed to start with.

The appearance of this case was appalling to say the least, after much emailing and arguing, he said he would take the case back and refund me my money.

Then after all this, after I'd sorted out and arranged a courier to collect and return the case to him, at my expense may I add, he informed me that he would not be refunding me my money and to not return the case to him.
    This decision was made after “Paypal” ruled in his favour, I’m at a loss as to how they could make this decision, they certainly haven’t seen the case, if they had, they’d of changed their mind.

I explained to him, that I had already sent the case back to him at my expense, £12.50 to be exact, after he, point blankly refused to help with these costs.

We then come to an agreement, that he would sort out the all the faults and repairs with the case and I would accept the case back from him.

When I finally received the case back, several weeks later and much over due from the original return delivery date, he had yet more excuses. All of which I wasn’t informed of, I had to contact him, to find out what was going on and when I could expect it to be returned to me.

How about this, I was also told that I had to pay for the return of the case back to me this cost me a further £9.00, quite frankly the case is in a worse condition than when I sent it back to him to fix the faults.

It's now got tiny little holes on the body of the case, which weren't there previously and there are a few other things wrong with the case. Apparently, he’s come back with the news, that these latest faults problems with the case are my fault.

Oh yeah, here’s another one of his quotes, apparently a “brand new” and I stress a “brand new” case according to this seller only has to be and I quote ”ACCEPTABLE & SATISFACTORY”, which obviously means that you can send it out with scratches, black smears/marks in the paintwork and bits of glue/adhesive still on the case.

He also informed me that, it took him twenty minutes to find the bits of glue/adhesive on the case, that’s funny because, considering the blobs of glue were right on the centre part of the case where it opens up, you couldn’t exactly miss them. This statement baffled me to be honest as it took me at least two minutes to find this glue/adhesive, this was after me finding the scratches and the black smears. Then again if it took him twenty minutes to find the glue spots, that would explain how he missed the scratches on the case etc.

He will probably deny all of the above and he'll come back with some sort of response about me asking for a cheap case off him, which in all fairness I did ask for. He’ll also say that I harassed him by sending him emails and texts regarding the updates of the case, some of which were over Christmas, I did send him emails over this time period, so I can’t deny this. I did apologise to him for sending these emails, I was probably a little bit to enthusiastic to see the case, sadly, my enthusiasm soon wore off once I saw the case and the condition it was in. In the same breath though, he’s never once apologised to me for the condition of the case and he never informed that he wouldn’t be working over this period, so that’s why I contacted him.

I’m also apparently a “whinger and a whiner”, for contacting him and asking about updates and the status of the case and the repairs etc. Strange!, I thought that once I became a customer and had paid for the item, that I sort of had the right to ask these questions. Then again I did expect a ‘brand new’ case without scratches, smears and blobs of glue on it as well.

Unfortunately, due to the all the added postage charges that I've had to pay since, i.e. the return of the case to him and then I had to cover the charges for it to be sent back to me, this case has now virtually cost me full price £121.50 in total, so obviously this has not worked out a cheap case financially in the long run, I must admit though, it does looks like a cheap case now due to it’s appalling cosmetic appearance though.

Like I said at the start of this message, I have been trying to resolve this matter for the last few weeks with the maker/seller. Putting this message on here was a last resort, as I kept telling him, he said I was blackmailing him and what I was doing was illegal.
    I told him that everything I would be putting in my message was factual and true and I’ve told him to contact me and dispute these facts if he’s not happy with them. I’m wondering if he’s going to contact me though, as he’s now resorted to ignoring my latest emails, these were all in regards to trying to resolve this dispute amicably.

I think it’s quite sad and pathetic that he won’t even reply to my emails and offers of trying to find a resolution.

I also find it quite funny how he can say to me that what I’m doing is illegal, yet he was more than happy to sell and send a case out to me that was cosmetically wrong and damaged.

I’m hoping you all take notice of my warning about this seller, or at least PLEASE seriously think twice before ordering a case off this seller.

Well to save everyone the bother of searching to see who it is, why don't you name them here....and a few pics would be nice
    Didn't someone else have a problem with scratched fiberglass cases a while age...presumably from same seller.....steer clear i would say

Comment

i don't see why you have not stated who it is? also some photos would be handy.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

sorry i appear to have repeated jrc's post!

Comment

Photo's won't show the faults that well, due to the colour of the case, they just appear too bright, I can try, how do I upload them on here, never done them before.

I'm a bit weary of naming him, legally can I do this?

Comment

your post has no value if we don't know who it is and can't see the evidence. i think as its your personal opinion and experience you can say more or less whatever you like, i imagine you will get knocked off his christmas card list though!

Comment

just name him mate.

and his ebay username too, so we can avoid.

very strange for ebay/paypal to go in favour of the seller though, normally the buyers have all the power and can basically do as they please.....

Comment

name and shame him...with pix to prove your allegation

a picture is worth a thousand words

Comment

I'm working on them, not sure how to upload them on here though, never done it before.

Comment

Originally Posted by itx View Post
                    I'm working on them, not sure how to upload them on here though, never done it before.
                    i can do that.

Comment

Does he sell anything apart from fibre glass cases?
                      Winner of C77's Masters Fantasy Game 2010
                      Joint-winner of montoya10/theasaris' Shanghai Masters Fantasy Game 2010

Comment

Originally Posted by cue1 View Post
                        Does he sell anything apart from fibre glass cases?
                        not on ebay.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                          not on ebay.
                          Thanks I suppose many on here won't be buying fibre glass cases on e-bay then!
                          Winner of C77's Masters Fantasy Game 2010
                          Joint-winner of montoya10/theasaris' Shanghai Masters Fantasy Game 2010

Comment

Originally Posted by cue1 View Post
                            Thanks I suppose many on here won't be buying fibre glass cases on e-bay then!
                            so far i have never seen a good example of a fibre glass case - that said there is absolutely no reason why they can't be made.

Comment

not the best photos so far but.........................

Comment

Working...
                              X