Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post pictures of the shape of YOUR current tip on your cue here..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post pictures of the shape of YOUR current tip on your cue here..

Hi All!!

Its been a while..

So right to the point.. I started playing again after a long while, and I was surprised that I could play decently well!! But it was short lived.. I made the cardinal mistake of re-shaping my cue tip without having a clear idea on the final shape, and now I'm not sure if I've gotten it right; which means that (even if the shape IS ok) I will constantly be unsure, and hence less confident.

So this got me thinking, that maybe if there was a thread of pictures of the shaped tip which each player is using at any given time, along with a description of how they find that particular shape (i.e. is it working for them?? Does it restrict the shots that can be played?? Has it increased the instances of a miscue??) it might be helpful in deciding how to shape one's tip?? I know there is a lot of literature on here, but I think pictures of ACTUAL tips as they are used might be more helpful. Also, if we can get side-views of the tips used by the pros, that might also be helpful (though that, I admit is an unrealistic expectation!!). I'll be bringing my cue home from the club today, so shall post a pic soon. In the meantime, anyone who has any side-view shots of their tips, please do upload!! And don't forget to write a short note on whether it is current, or if you have changed, and if so, why??

Thanks!!! Hope this will be helpful for users in future!!
Working...
X