• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magic Black Tips by Mastercue

Anyone tried them?

Linky: http://www.mastercue.th.com/other.html

Hi all,
    I tried one. It came with my new GBL C1 cue this Monday, Stu@GreenBaize fitted.
    I played a few frames with it today, and I like it. Firm hit, grip the cue ball, taking chalk and responses are very well. don't know how the time work it for.
    The cue ball had black mark when I misscued once. It could be removed by nail easily.
    I prefer this MB tip rather than any pressed tips which I used(elk, mw super, pro granite), though I am not a good player. I want to try the tips on my other cues if I can get them easily.
    This is just my first impression, but I think it worth trying to everyone.

Hope this helps for someone, and sorry for my poor English.
    Cheers,
    INCH PERFECT!

Comment

Cant see no price for them , woder if Stu sells them .

Comment

Originally Posted by green71 View Post
        Hi all,
        I tried one. It came with my new GBL C1 cue this Monday, Stu@GreenBaize fitted.
        I played a few frames with it today, and I like it. Firm hit, grip the cue ball, taking chalk and responses are very well. don't know how the time work it for.
        The cue ball had black mark when I misscued once. It could be removed by nail easily.
        I prefer this MB tip rather than any pressed tips which I used(elk, mw super, pro granite), though I am not a good player. I want to try the tips on my other cues if I can get them easily.
        This is just my first impression, but I think it worth trying to everyone.

Hope this helps for someone, and sorry for my poor English.
        Cheers,
        Thank you for the review, Green71... Which reminds me... I have a couple somewhere, just need to find some time to try it out.

Oh btw, I can read your English just fine. So don't worry about it.

Cheers!!
        When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Thanks for letting me know. Am in Malaysia now, so might be worth trying it out.

Comment

Hotpot,
            I guess Stu has them. Because the tip was chosen by him or his business partner in Newcastle, not my choice. I asked shortening the stock cue and the partner done it. I will ask him when I need them.

Damienlch,
            Thank you for the comment to my English

Mikeadyla,
            I guess you can get them easier in South East Asia than in Europe, right? Good luck for your trying.
            INCH PERFECT!

Comment

This is the reply I got from Mastercue.

Our magic black prices is USD. 6.50 / pcs , available in 10mm.

The postage to Malaysia for 10-20 pcs is USD 18.
              If I buy it directly from Mastercue, I guess it would be a waste for me to order just for 1 or 2 pieces. Maybe you guys can ask how much it cost to post to the UK.

If it's too expensive, Is there anyone who would like me to order for them, then post it to the UK?

Unless maybe ADR can get a good price for us?

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeadyla View Post
                This is the reply I got from Mastercue.

If I buy it directly from Mastercue, I guess it would be a waste for me to order just for 1 or 2 pieces. Maybe you guys can ask how much it cost to post to the UK.

If it's too expensive, Is there anyone who would like me to order for them, then post it to the UK?

Unless maybe ADR can get a good price for us?
                So how much in total would it be for me to oreder 4 tips , very kind gesture by the way .

Comment

Let me check first how much it cost to safely post to the UK. First time I'm doing it from Malaysia.

I'm also going to PM ADR to see if he wants to get stocks to the UK and possibly get a good price for it for us.

x
                  Adila

Comment

Here's ADR's reply:

i don't really buy from them any more but stu green or simon brown would have them
                    No idea who they are, anyone knows?

Comment

if enough people want them i will get some.
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Hurray, found them... finally... they sure look like little charcoal pills... Lol.

I got 2 as samples from Mastercue some time back but never got the chance to try them.

Going to fix it on and review it soon.
                        When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Damien, would be grateful if you could review them so we can make our decision to purchase.

Found out that air mail postage to the UK is not that expensive, only RM 5 (est. 1 GBP) per 100 grams. Don't know why Mastercue charges so much for shipping tips.

But anyway, if I purchase 10 tips (as an example), that would be USD 65 + 18 (shipping) = USD 83

Would mean that's USD 8.3 per tip.

For you, hotpot, that would be USD 33.2 for the 4 tips. Plus 1GBP for airmail.

Maybe ADR wants to buy some too? Though I guess if ADR can get a better deal than that, even I would buy from him! .

Edit: also sent an email to Stu from Green Baize just to check if he stocks them.
                          Last edited by mikeadyla; 3 February 2012, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Damien, would be grateful if you could review them so we can make our decision to purchase..
                            Sure, no prob. Shall post a review these 2 days... watch this space, lol.

Comment

Damien, would be grateful if you could review them so we can make our decision to purchase.

Found out that air mail postage to the UK is not that expensive, only RM 5 (est. 1 GBP) per 100 grams. Don't know why Mastercue charges so much for shipping tips.

But anyway, if I purchase 10 tips (as an example), that would be USD 65 + 18 (shipping) = USD 83

Would mean that's USD 8.3 per tip.

For you, hotpot, that would be USD 33.2 for the 4 tips. Plus 1GBP for airmail.

Maybe ADR wants to buy some too? Though I guess if ADR can get a better deal than that, even I would buy from him! .

Edit: also sent an email to Stu from Green Baize just to check if he stocks them.
                              Thanks for that , think thats £21 , i have one coming from a kind member so i,m going to try it out and then decide , i,m sure there will be a market for these if their half decent . I can see Phoenix tips taking off big time if they keep their prices as they are ....

Comment

Working...
                              X