Setting up the reds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up the reds

I have the Riley pro triangle, a great addition but, I have a question what is the best way to make sure that the pack is parallel to the bottom cushion? As sometimes after you take the triangle away and then look back the pack is slightly off anybody any thoughts?
    Many thanks. Detroitman

I always use my hands its very accurate as you know each red is touching .

Comment

look up the middle three reds to the top, should point in a straight line with pink blue and brown spots

Comment

Or, if you don't mind marking the cloth slightly, place the triangle where it should go so the apex red is 1/16" from the pink and check that you have it absolutely correct and then put a small line just outside the triangle or even a dot so you can line up the back middle red every time. I've done this on my table and it works a treat

Terry
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

I thought that the Pro triangle had rollers built-in, so if you have the triangle touching the cushion, it will roll perpendicular to the cushion?
          If you place the empty triangle on the cushion and see the black spot inside the space for the reds you can align the frame with that, then add the reds and roll it up to position the rack of reds by the pink spot.
          Is that not how it works?
          I have not used one myself but that is how I thought it was designed?
          I may be wrong though...
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Yes the Pro triangle does have rollers built in but it very easy to move it slightly off on either side and also looking down to the blue and brown. Sometimes you only notice it when you break off.

Comment

Working...
            X