Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pool ball polisher attempt

= Big fail .

I tried to make one of those cool bucket pool ball polishers on youtube. I just can't seem to do it without the orbital polisher tipping over and making a massive racket. I don't think I have the energy to spend time making one, looks too hard.

Looks like I'm going to buy some aramith cleaner from ebay and stick to spending 15mins cleaning the set.

Don't want to sound lazy but it feels like I need to clean them constantly because they get dirty quick.

Has anyone actually made one?

yep, you are not the first
    see http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...=ball+polisher
    that poster has had several attempts, others have also mentioned their attempts with buckets, etc.
    My advice (for what it's worth ), put on your favourite movie, sit back and slowly polish each one lovingly
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

My advice Buy a New set of Amarith Balls these Last alot Longer and dont need polishing!!

Comment

Originally Posted by sklskl View Post
        Looks like I'm going to buy some aramith cleaner from ebay and stick to spending 15mins cleaning the set.
        In my experience, if you do them proper they will take a lot longer than 15 mins lol. Ive noticed in the past with my Aramaith Tournament Champion balls that you get a load of white spots on them after every practice, some of them can take some shifting. The marks could be off the pocket leathers, no idea to be honest as i'm guessing with that theory.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          yep, you are not the first
          see http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...=ball+polisher
          that poster has had several attempts, others have also mentioned their attempts with buckets, etc.
          My advice (for what it's worth ), put on your favourite movie, sit back and slowly polish each one lovingly
          Looks like I've just wasted £17.50 on an orbital polisher.

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
          My advice Buy a New set of Amarith Balls these Last alot Longer and dont need polishing!!
          I have supapro red and yellow pool balls. I'm under the impression now that they might not be aramith? because I'm sure I've played with aramith balls at the pub and snooker halls and they have a nice gloss and weight to them.

Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
          In my experience, if you do them proper they will take a lot longer than 15 mins lol. Ive noticed in the past with my Aramaith Tournament Champion balls that you get a load of white spots on them after every practice, some of them can take some shifting. The marks could be off the pocket leathers, no idea to be honest as i'm guessing with that theory.
          I think my answer might be the balls I have currently aren't aramith.

Comment

Working...
          X