Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thorasa
    replied
    this is a question..........when i am a beginner........i rely on a hard tip..........
    but then after i get used to snooker..........i seek for soft tip(and very rely on )...........
    i still cant find the reason why would tht happen...........
    one more thing is........someone teach me if u want the tip become softer...drop some water on it......
    is tht useful???

Leave a comment:

• sootyvrs
    replied
    Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post
    You would be interested to know that last time I was Robin Cooks, the softest tip we tested out the elks, buffalo diamonds, blue diamonds, hercules & MW supertips was the MW supertip.

Most people on here regard those as harder tips.
    Although the MW Supertips are much more consistent compared to other pressed tips, the last batch I had were hard compared to previous ones I've had which was very noticable. I ended up swapping them to someone for some for the softer MW Supertips as he preferred the harder ones and discards the softer ones which is what I prefer.

Leave a comment:

• mrbluejay
    replied
    Yes matey.
    I've got a Pool Baron Hornet fitted at the moment and it is quite soft, but does need a bit of reshaping. Whats the feedback on MW's laminated tips, have not read too much about these ? I've also got a Phoenix black laminated to try - anybody tried them ?

Leave a comment:

• jaffa.johnson
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

H2 - do they take and hold chalk well?
    Yes matey.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    yep, personal definition...
    but we are all agreed that Pool Baron are VERY soft

H2 - do they take and hold chalk well?

Leave a comment:

• jaffa.johnson
    replied
    Well they are a tad softer than the old BD and definitely more consistent
    More consistent maybe, dont find them softer. I had to use 3 x buffalo to get a good one on my mates cue.

From the mixed bag of tips I have recently used on cues I found you can get soft or hard elks, blue diamonds and buffalo diamonds.

You would be interested to know that last time I was Robin Cooks, the softest tip we tested out the elks, buffalo diamonds, blue diamonds, hercules & MW supertips was the MW supertip.

Most people on here regard those as harder tips.

I think it all comes down to what your sent and peoples definition of hard and soft.

I got mine from ADR and just waiting for a lull in my playing to give them a go on the snooker cue
    Me too, I find them great for both snooker and pool.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    I dont think buffalo blue diamonds are soft.
    Well they are a tad softer than the old BD and definitely more consistent

The pool barons are certainly worth a shout, especially if you manged to get the to chalk on it.
    Yes they can be a pain to get a good coverage but after the gentle reshape I found it took the chalk better.

Hercules are the softest laminated tip I have tried. ADR told me they were the softest full stop and he would have tried a couple more than me.
    I got mine from ADR and just waiting for a lull in my playing to give them a go on the snooker cue

Leave a comment:

• jaffa.johnson
    replied
    I dont think buffalo blue diamonds are soft.

The pool barons are certainly worth a shout, especially if you manged to get the to chalk on it.

Hercules are the softest laminated tip I have tried. ADR told me they were the softest full stop and he would have tried a couple more than me.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    On my snooker cue I am using a Buffalo Blue Diamond Plus (it was previously an ElkMaster and then a Blue Diamond) and am finding it more consistent and retaining its softness since I put it on a few months back.
    I have got a few Hercules H2 (laminate tip) in line for the next try-out. These are defined as medium but do not seem to be on the softer-side of medium (if you know what I mean )

On my pool cue I am using a Pool Baron, which is even softer. This is working well but I did find after a few weeks of heavy use I had to reshape it but it seems to have settled down now.
    cheers

Leave a comment:

• sootyvrs
    replied
    All soft tips will go harder after prolonged playing like the Blue Diamond tip you are using.

Another soft tip is the buffalo diamond plus tip.

I have heard that a soft laminated tip is the Aurora tip which might stay softer for longer although I've never used them so not sure how soft they are compared to a fresh Blue Diamond tip

Leave a comment:

• thorasa
    started a topic any soft tip???

any soft tip???

hi everyone, i am using blue diamond tip
    honestly i love diamond coz its soft enough for me
    but i found tht after i used tht for few weeks.......it becomes too hard for me............
    thts why i am looking for any other soft tip which can replace blue diamond........
    can anyone give me some advice????
    by the way......sorry of my poor english......since english is not my mother tongue.........
Working...
X