Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue case security

Hi

I have just bought a Powerglide aluminium case, unfortunately it does not lock. Has anyone got any suggestions for DIY locking please? I thought about a piece of thin chain wrapped around and secured with a padlock underneath the handle part but that seems a bit messy and OTT.

Cheers
    Steve180
    Cues for swap/sale
    Powerglide Purist 3/4
    Peradon Anniversary 1 piece

I don't personally feel the need to have a lock on the case anyway, where do you intend on leaving it? If you do though I think that's the easiest idea :snooker:
    "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

It's left at the club, and just to stop someone 'having a try' when they think nobody is around. I'm not paranoid it has happened. How do I know? My cue had blue chalk on it when I took it out the case, I only use green.......
      Steve180
      Cues for swap/sale
      Powerglide Purist 3/4

Comment

I never leave my cue(s) at the club, always take them home to fiddle about with them. Those that do tho, we have special skinny lockers, or leave them under the bar out of site

Comment

i have 4 of similar to
          http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/hardware/...H-70mm-9281789

on my case, 2 each end across the opening and padlocks through them, works quite well.

Comment

I always think why do people wanna lock the Case as if somebody wants they will take the whole lot!!...lol

I would never leave my Cue/Case at any Club and always take them home, As seen so many Cues/Cases gone missing in past its unreal.

Gaz.

Comment

Thanks for the input, as I said I just want to protect others from using the cue when it is left at the club.

Those brackets look a good option actually.

Cheers
              Steve180
              Cues for swap/sale
              Powerglide Purist 3/4

Comment

the locks on cases are all a waste of time anyway. you can open any of them with anything.
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by Steve180 View Post
                  Thanks for the input, as I said I just want to protect others from using the cue when it is left at the club.

Those brackets look a good option actually.

Cheers

the other thing with the brackets on it, is your case is easily recognisable, the staff in the club know mines the one with the padlocks on

Comment

Working...
                  X