Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Molavia Cue Tips

Hi all,

Anyone of you tried tips from them? This guy in Facebook PM-ed me regarding about the sale of this tip but I haven got the price from him yet. Its a layered tip.

http://www.molavia.com/eng/

They look exactly like the Aurora layered tips except for the printing. I know the Aurora tips are made in Japan too, so I wonder if this is the company Aurora used.

If they are the same, I found the Aurora tips to be a bit too high so I cut off the top layer (carefully) and they played perfect for me. I also found if I didn't cut off the top layer and as I shape mine with a good dome the top layer would come loose after a bit of play as it was so small in diameter. That's when I found out removing the top layer does wonders for them

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
      They look exactly like the Aurora layered tips except for the printing. I know the Aurora tips are made in Japan too, so I wonder if this is the company Aurora used.

If they are the same, I found the Aurora tips to be a bit too high so I cut off the top layer (carefully) and they played perfect for me. I also found if I didn't cut off the top layer and as I shape mine with a good dome the top layer would come loose after a bit of play as it was so small in diameter. That's when I found out removing the top layer does wonders for them

Terry
      Its very different from a Kamui Tan Medium I guess?

Comment

Originally Posted by x3dnd3x View Post
        Its very different from a Kamui Tan Medium I guess?
        If these are indeed similar to the Aurora tip, you'll find them to be very different to the Kamui Tan Medium.

A fair bit softer and they do grip the cue ball better (at least to me).

Terry is right about the the layers coming loose after some play though. I've had 2 tips come loose on me after a while.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bulkie View Post
          If these are indeed similar to the Aurora tip, you'll find them to be very different to the Kamui Tan Medium.

A fair bit softer and they do grip the cue ball better (at least to me).

Terry is right about the the layers coming loose after some play though. I've had 2 tips come loose on me after a while.
          If that's the case then I'll skip these tips. I'm looking for a cheaper alternative for Tailsman medium or Kamui Tan medium.

Comment

If that's the case then I'll skip these tips. I'm looking for a cheaper alternative for Tailsman medium or Kamui Tan medium.
            Well.... laminated tips are meant to last for months. At 6-10 quid for a tip, that's cheaper than what you pay for a snooker session in Singapore.

Comment

hercules h2 if you can fine them or the bentley which are even better. but really does price matter for what £5 a year tops?
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by Bulkie View Post
                Well.... laminated tips are meant to last for months. At 6-10 quid for a tip, that's cheaper than what you pay for a snooker session in Singapore.
                A hour cost SGD7.60 at the club I usually play in but I get what you're trying to convey. Thanks.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                  hercules h2 if you can fine them or the bentley which are even better. but really does price matter for what £5 a year tops?
                  My friend has a Kamui Tan medium tip and he's willing to pass it to me free but his is a pool cue tip which is 14mm. Is it advisable to install it onto my snooker cue and sand it down?

Comment

My friend has a Kamui Tan medium tip and he's willing to pass it to me free but his is a pool cue tip which is 14mm. Is it advisable to install it onto my snooker cue and sand it down?
                    cut it down not sand it but if you do it properly it will be fine.
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                      cut it down not sand it but if you do it properly it will be fine.
                      Hmm okay. I'll meet him and take the tips from him then. Save money too. Haha.

Comment

Working...
                      X