Genuine Aramith?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genuine Aramith?

After receiving my new table the other day i noticed that one of the reds had a small hip in it, and after closer inspection i noticed almost every ball had small scratches on them showing to be white underneath. The balls were given in a plastic ball tray rather than Aramith packaging although we were promised the standard Aramith balls. Because they had some dust on them due to building work, I bathed them in warm water in the sink, surprisingly the water turned a diluted red colour and after drying the balls they don't particularly shine (this may be due to the cleaning). The guy said he will send a replacement set due to the chips, however I was wondering whether you know if this Is Normal? Thanks

If I clean mine in water, it doesn't make the water change colour AT ALL.

Also, they come up to a nice shine.
    WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Those are NOT Aramith balls, either the Tournament Champion Pro Cup or the newer 1G sets (which are the exact same balls but to a tighter tolerance)

Terry
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Fake. If you put Aramith in a washing machine on a hot whites cycle, they should still come out shiny, that's the whole point of phenolic resin. Aramith state on their website to be wary of anything that does not have genuine Aramith packaging and logos. Sorry to hear of your problem. Try for a refund would be my course of action. Good luck.
        Last edited by Particle Physics; 17 August 2012, 11:52 PM.
        Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

agree with all before not aramith balls.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

i have had some Aramith balls for over a year now, they are as new and shiny as when i got them

Alabbadi

Comment

Working...
            X