Green tip by tweetens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green tip by tweetens?

I'm looking for a tip a bit firmer than a elk master, seen on another thread about a green tip made by tweeten aswell think Terry mentioned about it, is that available to buy? Also anyone any experience with the buffalo that is also made by tweeten, would that be harder than an elk? Or anyone have any good reviews of any others ie Mike w etc... Thanks in advance
    Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Personally i love MW supertips, the pressed one's, (not laminated) worth a try for sure, never seem to lose their shape and last for ages

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      Personally i love MW supertips, the pressed one's, (not laminated) worth a try for sure, never seem to lose their shape and last for ages
      Aye. Those MW's are the dogs.

Comment

I used Mastercue tips (blue type), pro granites and they are consistently firmer than any elks I used.

Comment

Sounds like you're talking about Triangle tips, the box is green not the actual tip.
          Don't know if you can get them in the UK though.

Try GBL Pro Granite or Buffalo Diamond Plus, both firmer than elks but grip well and give good feel

Comment

Yeah def worth a try, do you know how much mike sells those blackspin furrules(spelling?) for?

Comment

Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
              Yeah def worth a try, do you know how much mike sells those blackspin furrules(spelling?) for?
              I've heard its £75 but its just what I read on hear. Mike doesn't discuss prices on the forum so I don't know for sure

Comment

...do you know how much mike sells those blackspin furrules(spelling?) for?
                His shop is now open again and the BlackSpin ferrule fit is listed.
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by lbs View Post
                  I used Mastercue tips (blue type), pro granites and they are consistently firmer than any elks I used.
                  How do you find playing deep screws from their pg's?

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
                  Sounds like you're talking about Triangle tips, the box is green not the actual tip.
                  Don't know if you can get them in the UK though.

Try GBL Pro Granite or Buffalo Diamond Plus, both firmer than elks but grip well and give good feel
                  Yeah your probably right, remember Terry saying he got given samples, though not sure what of...

The buffalo I wasn't sure about, though worth a try also, i'm thinking of ordering around 5 different tips, and try them out over the next couple of months, till I find one that feels good on my cue...

Appreciate the replies, thanks

Comment

How do you find playing deep screws from their pg's?

Yeah your probably right, remember Terry saying he got given samples, though not sure what of...

The buffalo I wasn't sure about, though worth a try also, i'm thinking of ordering around 5 different tips, and try them out over the next couple of months, till I find one that feels good on my cue...

Appreciate the replies, thanks
                    like any hard tips it need a bit of scruffing
                    Once that is done, the grip on the cue ball is fantastic and the tip retains chalk pretty good.
                    you need to fit them really well because the tip is fairly hard, though.

they are different from similar looking tips like Le Pro. Firm but not dead, hard to put a word to it.

Comment

Mate, if you want to try a Pro Granite, I can send you one for cost + postage, say £2.50. Usually, they come in tub of five, which doesn't make sense if try one then don't like it and are left with four more. Message me if you want one. That goes for anyone else who wants to try one. I have 3 left.
                      Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

Originally Posted by lbs View Post
                        like any hard tips it need a bit of scruffing
                        Once that is done, the grip on the cue ball is fantastic and the tip retains chalk pretty good.
                        you need to fit them really well because the tip is fairly hard, though.

they are different from similar looking tips like Le Pro. Firm but not dead, hard to put a word to it.
                        Sounds like what i'm looking for, hopefully a pro granite will feel good on my cue...

Originally Posted by Particle Physics View Post
                        Mate, if you want to try a Pro Granite, I can send you one for cost + postage, say £2.50. Usually, they come in tub of five, which doesn't make sense if try one then don't like it and are left with four more. Message me if you want one. That goes for anyone else who wants to try one. I have 3 left.
                        Thanks mate, i'll take you up on that offer, what brand of tip, gbl? If you could pm your paypal details when you get a chance.

My plan is to try the pro granite gbl first or whatever pg PP has, then mastercue pg, buffalo, then if i don't feel any of them are right i'll try mw range...

Comment

Had to remove post

Terry
                          Last edited by Terry Davidson; 26 August 2012, 12:58 AM.
                          Terry Davidson
                          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Sounds like what i'm looking for, hopefully a pro granite will feel good on my cue...

Thanks mate, i'll take you up on that offer, what brand of tip, gbl? If you could pm your paypal details when you get a chance.

My plan is to try the pro granite gbl first or whatever pg PP has, then mastercue pg, buffalo, then if i don't feel any of them are right i'll try mw range...
                            Yes mate, the PGs are GBL, from ADR147. I'll pm you my paypal address, leave me details for mailing. If you like it, I've got two left after that one.
                            Last edited by Particle Physics; 24 August 2012, 02:44 PM.
                            Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

Anybody that wants a firmer elk should just get onto the MW supertips. Them's the business.
                              Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Working...
                              X