Green tip by tweetens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    The tips I got as a sample look physically similar to the Elk Master but are green. I will check with Tweeten as I'm not really sure what they are actually called or if they are available.

I have one fitted to my TW playing cue and when shaping it and also playing with it I found it more firm than the standard blue Elk Master tips and it also retains its shape better. I have tried the Pro Granite tips and this Tweeten green is not quite as high and also I believe is a little more firm. It takes the Spruce chalk really well and so far hasn't gotten 'shiney' no flattened as I use the cue the same way all the time. Much like a layered tip.

Terry
    Sounds interesting, it's a shame as i liked using elk masters on my previous cues, but my new one with it on just doesn't feel right, if this green tweeton tip becomes available or it is now, i'll certainly give it a try in the near future no doubt.
    Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

get the diamond plus. throws less. ive tried it on quite a few peoples cues, and they all claim that it throws less than an elk, or any othr tip theyve tried. also great chalk retention on them. IMO the best tip overall. ive tried tweetens elk (genuine, bought from dealer in america, who also provided me with other tweeten tips- which im starting to think is different to the stuff we get in australia, because of the consistency), tweetens triangle, tweetens le pro, tweetens blue knight, and tweetens royal oak. their diamond plus is still the best in my opinion. ive also got boxes of the blue diamonds in 11mm (orange and white packaging) and they're really good too. i like them a lot more than tweetens other offerings. elks are good, they just dont hold chalk as well i find. pro granite are good, but only for players who like a hard hard pressed tip. they ping the ball a bit, but do get a lot of bite.

Comment

Just wanted to give out some feedback on PP, an absolute gent, only payed him around 3/4pm yesterday for a snooker tip, and he posted it straight away, received this morning so overall 1st class literally, highly recommend. Thanks again mate

Comment

[QUOTE=BoBnoGG!n;664415]get the diamond plus. throws less.

ive never seen these tips ive had blue diamonds but not the plus, are they the same tips or some thing different?

Comment

prince:

Google Tweeten Fibre and click on the tips link and they will be in there. Unfortunately you have to buy them from a retail outlet as Tweeten is only wholesale and their authorized retail in UK is Peradon but they might not stock them. Best bet is to try 'pooldawg' in the US who will mail you some, but you might have to buy a box of 50 as I don't know if they sell 5 or 10 at a time and I don't know if they stock the 10mm or not.

Terry
            Terry Davidson
            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Also, I have to apologize to everyone (yet again). Apparently these green tips are still under development and they have only sent out a few trial packets to selected people and I wasn't supposed to talk about them. So I will say no more but if anyone wants to know my experience with them just PM me but the info must remain confidential and cannot be posted on any public forum

Terry
              Terry Davidson

Comment

https://www.cuepower.co.uk/buffalo-d...ck-p-1468.html

I take it these are the older "Plus" tip in blue.? ..

My Elks are not lasting long at all. I have one on that is too soft, I be lucky to get 2 weeks out of it.
                JP Majestic
                3/4
                57"
                17oz
                9.5mm Elk

Comment

throtts:

You have to watch the Elk Master tips. Once you trim them down a bit and remove the side finish if you can stick your thumbnail in and make a dent then they are what I call 'spongy' and you should take it off and re-do the tip.

I get about 6 months at least out of a good Elk Master although I do prefer either Talisman S (never tried Talisman M) or else the Phoenix M Black. I also like the Pro Granite too as they have a really god grip on the cueball.

Terry
                  Terry Davidson

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                    throtts:

You have to watch the Elk Master tips. Once you trim them down a bit and remove the side finish if you can stick your thumbnail in and make a dent then they are what I call 'spongy' and you should take it off and re-do the tip.

I get about 6 months at least out of a good Elk Master although I do prefer either Talisman S (never tried Talisman M) or else the Phoenix M Black. I also like the Pro Granite too as they have a really god grip on the cueball.

Terry
                    I haven't tried the Talisman S, but the M produces a lot of spin and is a great tip for power shots. If you're going to persist with stationary elbow, this could be useful, given the loss of any power from getting rid of elbow drop. It's not a bad tip in the balls either.
                    Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

I tell you what those Gbl pro granites are rock solid(or could've been my stanley wasn't up to the job), took me ages to trim it down to the furrule, but to be honest not 100% happy with neatness of it, so i may buy a tub and redo mine and a friends, but playing wise i'm quite pleased with the feel of it after it was broke in, getting very good spin reaction and like the firmness, and i feel it suits my cue shaft stiffness which is another plus, will have a longer stint tomorrow with it and make a decision...

Comment

I have tryed load's of different tip's, Got fed up getting crap Elk's 10mm one's, Far to inconsistant. Pro Granite's are terrible. No feel and a pig to shape. MW Supertip's bit softer than PG's but still not great, Recently bought a box of 11mm Elk's and have to say there superb. Have fitted six to friend's cue's and everyone of them have been spot on. Finger's crossed the rest of the box is the same. No more expensive tip's for me

Comment

Originally Posted by G30 MC View Post
                          I have tryed load's of different tip's, Got fed up getting crap Elk's 10mm one's, Far to inconsistant. Pro Granite's are terrible. No feel and a pig to shape. MW Supertip's bit softer than PG's but still not great, Recently bought a box of 11mm Elk's and have to say there superb. Have fitted six to friend's cue's and everyone of them have been spot on. Finger's crossed the rest of the box is the same. No more expensive tip's for me
                          Yeah i agree buffalo skin is time consuming to round, but i think the feel of the gbl pg is actually similiar to a good elk but obviously more firmer, what pg's have you tried, so i know what to avoid in the future?

Comment

Southpaw, Greenbaize Pro Granite's, Got some free off Stuart (true gent) The box of Elk's i recently got, My mate's were so happy with them i removed a Talisman Pro Soft that was on my TW pool cue and replaced it with an Elk. And it play's superb. My advice would be is to buy a few 11mm Elk's. PM me your address and i'll post some to you:snooker: Regard's George

Comment

Have to say i'm very impressed with the pg's so ordered a tub, though going to get some other tips as a back up before my league starts. What i'd like to know can you mushroom them at all, as they do sit quite tall..? and i like my tip a little bit over the furrule...

Comment

Hi Andrew, Recieved your SAE today and posted it an hour later. It's easy to mushroom any type of tip. Instead of cutting straight, Cut the tip at a angle, The Blade i have included with the tip's will do the job:snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X