Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prince07799
    replied
    [QUOTE=BoBnoGG!n;664415]get the diamond plus. throws less.

ive never seen these tips ive had blue diamonds but not the plus, are they the same tips or some thing different?

Leave a comment:

• SouthPaw
    replied
    Just wanted to give out some feedback on PP, an absolute gent, only payed him around 3/4pm yesterday for a snooker tip, and he posted it straight away, received this morning so overall 1st class literally, highly recommend. Thanks again mate

Leave a comment:

• BoBnoGG!n
    replied
    get the diamond plus. throws less. ive tried it on quite a few peoples cues, and they all claim that it throws less than an elk, or any othr tip theyve tried. also great chalk retention on them. IMO the best tip overall. ive tried tweetens elk (genuine, bought from dealer in america, who also provided me with other tweeten tips- which im starting to think is different to the stuff we get in australia, because of the consistency), tweetens triangle, tweetens le pro, tweetens blue knight, and tweetens royal oak. their diamond plus is still the best in my opinion. ive also got boxes of the blue diamonds in 11mm (orange and white packaging) and they're really good too. i like them a lot more than tweetens other offerings. elks are good, they just dont hold chalk as well i find. pro granite are good, but only for players who like a hard hard pressed tip. they ping the ball a bit, but do get a lot of bite.

Leave a comment:

• SouthPaw
    replied
    Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    The tips I got as a sample look physically similar to the Elk Master but are green. I will check with Tweeten as I'm not really sure what they are actually called or if they are available.

I have one fitted to my TW playing cue and when shaping it and also playing with it I found it more firm than the standard blue Elk Master tips and it also retains its shape better. I have tried the Pro Granite tips and this Tweeten green is not quite as high and also I believe is a little more firm. It takes the Spruce chalk really well and so far hasn't gotten 'shiney' no flattened as I use the cue the same way all the time. Much like a layered tip.

Terry
    Sounds interesting, it's a shame as i liked using elk masters on my previous cues, but my new one with it on just doesn't feel right, if this green tweeton tip becomes available or it is now, i'll certainly give it a try in the near future no doubt.

Leave a comment:

• Deepscrew
    replied
    Anybody that wants a firmer elk should just get onto the MW supertips. Them's the business.

Leave a comment:

• Particle Physics
    replied
    Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
    Sounds like what i'm looking for, hopefully a pro granite will feel good on my cue...

Thanks mate, i'll take you up on that offer, what brand of tip, gbl? If you could pm your paypal details when you get a chance.

My plan is to try the pro granite gbl first or whatever pg PP has, then mastercue pg, buffalo, then if i don't feel any of them are right i'll try mw range...
    Yes mate, the PGs are GBL, from ADR147. I'll pm you my paypal address, leave me details for mailing. If you like it, I've got two left after that one.
    Last edited by Particle Physics; 24 August 2012, 02:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Terry Davidson
    replied
    Had to remove post

Terry
    Last edited by Terry Davidson; 26 August 2012, 12:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SouthPaw
    replied
    Originally Posted by lbs View Post
    like any hard tips it need a bit of scruffing
    Once that is done, the grip on the cue ball is fantastic and the tip retains chalk pretty good.
    you need to fit them really well because the tip is fairly hard, though.

they are different from similar looking tips like Le Pro. Firm but not dead, hard to put a word to it.
    Sounds like what i'm looking for, hopefully a pro granite will feel good on my cue...

Originally Posted by Particle Physics View Post
    Mate, if you want to try a Pro Granite, I can send you one for cost + postage, say £2.50. Usually, they come in tub of five, which doesn't make sense if try one then don't like it and are left with four more. Message me if you want one. That goes for anyone else who wants to try one. I have 3 left.
    Thanks mate, i'll take you up on that offer, what brand of tip, gbl? If you could pm your paypal details when you get a chance.

My plan is to try the pro granite gbl first or whatever pg PP has, then mastercue pg, buffalo, then if i don't feel any of them are right i'll try mw range...

Leave a comment:

• Particle Physics
    replied
    Mate, if you want to try a Pro Granite, I can send you one for cost + postage, say £2.50. Usually, they come in tub of five, which doesn't make sense if try one then don't like it and are left with four more. Message me if you want one. That goes for anyone else who wants to try one. I have 3 left.

Leave a comment:

• lbs
    replied
    How do you find playing deep screws from their pg's?

Yeah your probably right, remember Terry saying he got given samples, though not sure what of...

The buffalo I wasn't sure about, though worth a try also, i'm thinking of ordering around 5 different tips, and try them out over the next couple of months, till I find one that feels good on my cue...

Appreciate the replies, thanks
    like any hard tips it need a bit of scruffing
    Once that is done, the grip on the cue ball is fantastic and the tip retains chalk pretty good.
    you need to fit them really well because the tip is fairly hard, though.

they are different from similar looking tips like Le Pro. Firm but not dead, hard to put a word to it.

Leave a comment:

• SouthPaw
    replied
    Originally Posted by lbs View Post
    I used Mastercue tips (blue type), pro granites and they are consistently firmer than any elks I used.
    How do you find playing deep screws from their pg's?

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
    Sounds like you're talking about Triangle tips, the box is green not the actual tip.
    Don't know if you can get them in the UK though.

Try GBL Pro Granite or Buffalo Diamond Plus, both firmer than elks but grip well and give good feel
    Yeah your probably right, remember Terry saying he got given samples, though not sure what of...

The buffalo I wasn't sure about, though worth a try also, i'm thinking of ordering around 5 different tips, and try them out over the next couple of months, till I find one that feels good on my cue...

Appreciate the replies, thanks

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    ...do you know how much mike sells those blackspin furrules(spelling?) for?
    His shop is now open again and the BlackSpin ferrule fit is listed.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Walton
    replied
    Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    Personally i love MW supertips, the pressed one's, (not laminated) worth a try for sure, never seem to lose their shape and last for ages
    Yeah def worth a try, do you know how much mike sells those blackspin furrules(spelling?) for?
    I've heard its £75 but its just what I read on hear. Mike doesn't discuss prices on the forum so I don't know for sure

Leave a comment:

• SouthPaw
    replied
    Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    Personally i love MW supertips, the pressed one's, (not laminated) worth a try for sure, never seem to lose their shape and last for ages
    Yeah def worth a try, do you know how much mike sells those blackspin furrules(spelling?) for?

Leave a comment:

• Dave Walton
    replied
    Sounds like you're talking about Triangle tips, the box is green not the actual tip.
    Don't know if you can get them in the UK though.

Try GBL Pro Granite or Buffalo Diamond Plus, both firmer than elks but grip well and give good feel

Leave a comment:

Working...
X