Extendable mini-butts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extendable mini-butts

How do members feel about using these tools? I've used the mini-butt with some success, but I've never used an extendable mini-butt. Do they feel as nice in the hand as a mini-butt, are they heavier? How about the hit, does it feel solid?

Does anyone have a small-spiral mini-butt or extendable mini-butt to fit a Phoenix, that they no longer need?

Cheers everyone.
    Last edited by Particle Physics; 31 August 2012, 02:43 PM.
    Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

When using as a mini butt i.e. not with the rest, then no they don't feel as solid and they're pretty light compared to a solid wood mini butt. I had a 7in extending mini butt for my Unique cue a while back and it worked great as a normal extension i.e. with the rest but not as a mini butt without the rest becasuse of the feel. It felt kind of hollow.

Never tried the short extending extension for the TW cue I had or my current MW cue without the rest as I also had/have the solid 6in mini butt as well so always go for that when not using the rest.

Comment

Originally Posted by Gerry Armstrong View Post
      When using as a mini butt i.e. not with the rest, then no they don't feel as solid and they're pretty light compared to a solid wood mini butt. I had a 7in extending mini butt for my Unique cue a while back and it worked great as a normal extension i.e. with the rest but not as a mini butt without the rest becasuse of the feel. It felt kind of hollow.

Never tried the short extending extension for the TW cue I had or my current MW cue without the rest as I also had/have the solid 6in mini butt as well so always go for that when not using the rest.
      Cheers Gerry, sounds like something I should give a miss.

Comment

I really like them with the rest - they are perfect for when the long extending extension is too long even at its shortest and the mini butt is too short. Feels fine on rest shots, nice and solid and good feedback.

I wouldn't be without mines - I find I use it more than the full length extending extension.

I wouldn't rule them out without trying them first but YMMV.

Comment

Originally Posted by Gerry Armstrong View Post
          I really like them with the rest - they are perfect for when the long extending extension is too long even at its shortest and the mini butt is too short. Feels fine on rest shots, nice and solid and good feedback.

I wouldn't be without mines - I find I use it more than the full length extending extension.

I wouldn't rule them out without trying them first but YMMV.
          Yeah, I see where you're coming from. I only have a universal long tele at the moment, I really should invest in some more kit because I'm over-reaching (and usually missing) or using the rest when a mini-butt would do quite a lot in a night of snooker.

Comment

Working...
          X