My new NORTH WALES case.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new NORTH WALES case.....

Hi all, last year I finally got my hands on my much mulled over Trevor White cue
    http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board/showthread.php/37486-My-new-Trev

which I have grown to absolutely love, and so thought it was time to give the master a decent suit to wear....

After quite a few emails and phone calls to and from Crispian and then a gap and then more emails I finally got my mind set on what I would like and give him the 'yes'. Once the details were all clear I thought I'd be cheeky and request that I could make the 200mile round trip to collect, once it was finished, to meet the him and maybe have a mooch at what he was working on but expecting the busy man to turn me down. However he was more that happy to 'put a face to the case' as he put it and so, on Sunday I went along with my mate John..

We arrived at around 11, and for the next hour and half we were in his workshop which he even let me photograph and he had all the patience for us, we asked tons of questions about everything, the case assembly, cue splicing, stitching and anything alse we could think of, he showed us cases, cues, tools, materials, his workshop was a clinic, with a place for everything and everything sorted and labelled, he even recommended me a way to finish off a newly fitted tip, showed me a tool he made to do this and then gave it to me!!

The case:
    I don't know what to say, its perfect, a work of art, as I'd never even seen a North Wales case before, I had concerns about quality etc and stitching coming away with so many patches on a case like this but no chance, theres nothing. Not a trace of glue, bad stitch, bitten or stained leather, there just nothing, even all the screw heads are finished in a straight line. He explained how for example, where the 2 halves of the case meet, he would shape the wooden carcass to allow for the fact that in some places there maybe a 3 patch depth and some just 1, but what he does ensures they sit along a straight line so that theres no gap showing when its closed shut- now if that isn't attenton to detail I don't know what is!

I can't thank him enough, the man is a proper craftsman, the cost is a fair few quid to me but as the saying goes, if you love, you don't count.....

Here come loads of pics---
    http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...s%20Case%208-/
    Last edited by Stevie; 21 October 2012, 09:56 AM. Reason: to free up image space
    "It might not be on stats or titles but in terms of talent and the ability to play snooker erm......he's the best" Hendry's humbled words on Ronnie O'Sullivan.

my trev lives in a northwales crispian case as well pity i cant play snooker gd enuf to do them justice lol

Comment

I've moved my pics to photobucket link above so that they stick around- hehe
      Last edited by Stevie; 21 October 2012, 09:59 AM.
      "It might not be on stats or titles but in terms of talent and the ability to play snooker erm......he's the best" Hendry's humbled words on Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Comment

Very nice mate

Comment

Cracking looking package fella, Regret selling my TW/CJ package to Guy3103, In saying that the cue that replaced the one i sold to Guy is stunning, Another TW, Truely is JPU standard. Pity Crispian is'nt doing slimline version's i.e one cue only as i would buy one in a instant.

Comment

very nice case and cue. )

Comment

Great write up James .

He does make quality cases does Crispian .

I'm currently giving my North Wales case a facelift with new latches and hinges .............present owner has neglected it slightly
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Thanks fellas, now finally, does anyone know any good arm transplanters? hehe
                Last edited by Stevie; 21 October 2012, 10:00 AM.

Comment

My new NORTH WALES case.....

Superb case stevie aka jameswattashot........cannot wait to see it properly mate......
                  You may defeat me but I will fight you to the very end!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by James Wattashot View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]11950[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11951[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11952[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11953[/ATTACH]

Thanks fellas, now finally, does anyone know any good arm transplanters? hehe
                    That is a very shagadelic case, though what is this tip tool you speak off? is it to trim the sides of a tip..?
                    Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Well, it's basically some fine sandpaper bonded to a 12" piece of thin wood but the length is important as it prevents scuffing the ferrule and also finishes the sides of the tip at a nice angle. Nothing too advanced but its still an official Crispian Jones tool!!!! :-)

Comment

Working...
                      X