Water resistant(ish) cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water resistant(ish) cases

Yo! I generally walk to and from the club, my question is this, i have a nice cue and I'm fed up of getting home at night and having to empty the case and spending time buffing the various bits of wood to make sure that water doesn't affect/damage any of my cue bits, i usually just want to go to bed rather than do this.... I use a peradon halo 3/4 case the now, I want to order a case from either stamford or crispian, should i mention this? Does anyone know or has anyone ever bought something that has offered a little bit of watertightness..... Am i asking for the moon on a stick...? Any suggestions welcome
    :snooker:

Stamford and Crispian cases gonna be made from real leather, i wouldn't like to get them wet too often, if at all !!!

Comment

Yeah that's what i figured but surely if the leather is treated with the right stuff then it should be ok? This is my line of thinking, I'd rather the cue was safer than the case, i don't want that to sound like i don't care but the cue is the main worry, and if i get a case then I'd like it to last a good bit, dunno what to do really, was just wondering if anyone else had this same issue... But i do hear what you are saying.

Comment

My cue craft aluminium case hasn't let the rain in so far, I could just be lucky though. They do a tubular 3/4 case aswell, I've got a 2 piece version and the weather hasn't penetrated that either

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
          My cue craft aluminium case hasn't let the rain in so far, I could just be lucky though. They do a tubular 3/4 case aswell, I've got a 2 piece version and the weather hasn't penetrated that either
          Cheers dude, will give them a look.

Comment

Try a few of the Outdoors shops. I'm fairly certain they will have something water proof like a long bag or something you could put your case in. A case for a case..

Comment

If it is a real leather case, u can treat it with weatherproof wax. Same used ob suede or leather boots. That will repel any water from soaking into the case.

Alabbadi

Comment

Originally Posted by haggishunter View Post
                Yo! I generally walk to and from the club, my question is this, i have a nice cue and I'm fed up of getting home at night and having to empty the case and spending time buffing the various bits of wood to make sure that water doesn't affect/damage any of my cue bits, i usually just want to go to bed rather than do this.... I use a peradon halo 3/4 case the now, I want to order a case from either stamford or crispian, should i mention this? Does anyone know or has anyone ever bought something that has offered a little bit of watertightness..... Am i asking for the moon on a stick...? Any suggestions welcome
                This is what you want, completely waterproof from experience! http://www.cuecraft.com/zcstore/inde...roducts_id=159

Then get yourself a nice leather case for when it's dry from crispian or whoever you want...
                Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

I tend to walk to snooker club as well. I use the case the post above mentions and it is ideal. Also have a fancy leather job for when its dry. It's definitely worth the £24 if you want to protect your cue from the rain.

Comment

The cue craft aluminium case do leek
                    James lovell

Comment

Yes the cuecraft cases leak! I had to get raymo147 (exquisite cues) on here to fix my cue last week due to swelling splices caused by a leaky cuecraft case

Comment

I'm suprised the halo case leaks as had a look at one and they seem well made with no air gaps. Anyone else had problems

Comment

The halo has hardly no gaps in it , i would say its far less likely than a cuecraft ally to let water in .

Comment

Maybe this is too simple but I made up a plastic sleeve for my one pc. aluminum case. I take it with me if it looks like rain.
                            The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions, see what the best option is, the tube case may be a good wet weather answer...

Comment

Working...
                              X