Tip repair kit bargain!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip repair kit bargain!

Found this last week when searching for a tip pik, for all you get i thought this was a bargain, glove, tip pik, shaper, clamp, chalk/cue holder all for £14 delivered from the states... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2511201310...84.m1497.l2649

Tip piks seem to be around a £10 alone in the uk, so a fair bit of saving is had...

Arrived in 6 working days, so not bad overall service...
    Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Looks like good value that does.

Comment

I wouldn't use a tip pick as I think if you can't sort your tip with a small square of sandpaper once it's on it should be replaced anyway.

Gloves shouldn't be worn, no need to use a clamp especially one that looks like a dummy, who would use a chalk holder that looks like it's from a toilet cistern and the small square of sandpaper does what the shaper does, so basically your paying £14 for a big pencil sharpner.

Imo.

Comment

Originally Posted by sberry View Post
        I wouldn't use a tip pick as I think if you can't sort your tip with a small square of sandpaper once it's on it should be replaced anyway.

Gloves shouldn't be worn, no need to use a clamp especially one that looks like a dummy, who would use a chalk holder that looks like it's from a toilet cistern and the small square of sandpaper does what the shaper does, so basically your paying £14 for a big pencil sharpner.

Imo.
        Why don't you pm your address, i'll send you glove, and you can wear it down at your snooker club and pretend to be Michael Jackson..! It sounds like you could do with some excitement

Comment

Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
          Why don't you pm your address, i'll send you glove, and you can wear it down at your snooker club and pretend to be Michael Jackson..! It sounds like you could do with some excitement
          lol.......he's bad, he's bad he knows it ;-)

I thought his comments were a bit harsh, we all have our own ideas whats good, or bad etc but long as your happy with your kit mate thats all that matters and i'm sure they'll be some more good people buying it now you've put the link up.
          Last edited by CueAntW147; 23 October 2012, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
            lol.......he's bad, he's bad he knows it ;-)

I thought his comments were a bit harsh, we all have our own ideas whats good, or bad etc but long as your happy with your kit mate thats all that matters and i'm sure they'll be some more good people buying the kit now you've put the link up.
            Pmsl , to be fair i'm only going to use the tip pik, shaper and maybe the glove for a laugh, though if i enjoy wearing..lol but like i said before the tip pik and shaper would be more than £14 for those that would buy/use them...

Comment

tip piks are ok to be fair they help get the chalk into the tip improving the bite on the cue ball a bit without really wearing it down, just find once you've used it you have to use it more often.
              By the sounds of it I think you bought the kit for the glove really ........;-)

Comment

Hmmmm...

I got this great idea, a man in china can make me cotton gloves for less than a pound a pair, I asked him how much for gloves with half the fingers cut off and he laughed and said "who would buy them?"

"Loads of people would" I replied, "and for three times the price"

"Also, can you make me little plastic moulds to hold a small square of sandpaper worth pence please" I asked, "yes" he replied, "ten pence each" "great" I said, "I can knock them out for loads if I call them shapers"

"Got any big pencil sharpeners, I know people who would cut up expensive tips with them" He laughed and said "ten pence"

"If you really want I can make you a piece of rubber to hold something in that doesn't need to be held in anything really, for a few pence too"

How we laughed as we bagged them all up for £15 and called them repair kits.

:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by sberry View Post
                  Hmmmm...

I got this great idea, a man in china can make me cotton gloves for less than a pound a pair, I asked him how much for gloves with half the fingers cut off and he laughed and said "who would buy them?"

"Loads of people would" I replied, "and for three times the price"

"Also, can you make me little plastic moulds to hold a small square of sandpaper worth pence please" I asked, "yes" he replied, "ten pence each" "great" I said, "I can knock them out for loads if I call them shapers"

"Got any big pencil sharpeners, I know people who would cut up expensive tips with them" He laughed and said "ten pence"

"If you really want I can make you a piece of rubber to hold something in that doesn't need to be held in anything really, for a few pence too"

How we laughed as we bagged them all up for £15 and called them repair kits.

:snooker:

very good what about the tip pik ? ;-)

Comment

He suggested I use a pin but I didn't think anyone would go for a 20p piece of metal shaped like pin heads - good thinking, it's in

Seriously though, each to their own, I'm convinced green triangle chalk is superior to any other though I have no hard evidence to confirm that.

Comment

You have to be careful when using them pencil sharpeners as they can accidentally mark the shaft quite easily .

Comment

Okay, I'll bite, you are joking and have got me, nobody really puts an expensive or even a cheap tip on a cue and then uses one of them things do they?

Comment

One of what things? A pencil sharpener or a Tip Pik?

Comment

No, you're not getting me again. :hopelessness:

Comment

So what is "one of them things"?

Comment

Working...
                              X