Cue tip tinging Sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue tip tinging Sound?

Hey, i retipped my cue the other day and put on a mw supertip, despite previously using elks. There is a tinging Sound when i play shots with lots of back or topspin. I've felt the tip and iit doesnt seem at all loose and im very confident it is not the ferrule. Are mw supertip generally like this or is something Wrong? I have a competition on Sunday so if there is a problem i think the superglue im using is a bit dodgy and I'll get the club to take it off and put it back on on Saturday. I don't want it falling off mid Match!
    Thanks

Cue tip tinging Sound?

Sounds like it could be lose slightly had re do it when you have glued it on do u tap it to knock the air out?

Comment

Cue tip tinging Sound?

My guess would be the ferrule even tho you say you dont think it is... Just a guess tho
      Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

Errmmm, not really, I pressed Down?

Comment

I had the problem with the fertile about a year ago, had it fixed, the tip has only started tinging after it has been retipped so i think that's unlikely...

Comment

they can seem abit hard from the off, give it an hour of play and it should calm down

Comment

It is not the tip itself.

It could be the tip is not stuck properly.

Or it could be the ferrule.

Either one of them but it definitely isn't the tip that would make the sound you describe.
              The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Okk cool, I've taken it off and put it back on taking care to tap out air bubbles and use enough glue, hopefully it'll be fine this time.
                Thanks Mike, brilliant tips, best thing is that I can play them right from the off!

Comment

what glue are you using?

have you watched my video:

http://handmadecues.com/cues/22-blackspin.htm

if it still makes a 'ting' after fitting tip correctly then it is almost certainly the ferrule.
                  The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Fitted correctly, no problem now. My Bad! Thanks for your help!

Comment

I have a similar problem though this is with a new cue, so i had the ferrule checked and re-tipped, how well i don't know, but i still seem to get a strange noise when playing off center striking (side,top,bottom etc) I've re-tipped again myself with a Mike Wooldridge and i still get it, how would you check if the joint was loose?
                      Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

What cue is it and 3/4 or 1 piece and tip size

Comment

Originally Posted by prince07799 View Post
                          What cue is it and 3/4 or 1 piece and tip size
                          It's a gbl 3/4, the tip size is around 9.5mm, more annoying to be honest than actually affecting my game...

Sorry just to add i'd have to send it via a courier to greenbaize to get looked at, hence if it's something simple i'd prefer not to...

Edit: I had a frame tonight and there was no ping sound at all, strange to say the least, I'll have another few frames on thurs as I don't think I'm out of the woods just yet...
                          Last edited by SouthPaw; 26 March 2013, 10:49 PM.
                          Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Working...
                          X