Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aramith TC Balls Cue ball size & weight

Evening all,

just got a set of the above from Ebay, £60.00 delivered, all look good, except cue ball. Now I am not normally paranoid but I just measured and weighed all the balls. The cue ball weighs 137g all others are between 140 or 141g. The cue ball is also marginally smaller. All other balls around 52.2 - 52.4mm measured with digital calipers, cue ball is 51.5mm.

I don't think the cue ball is a genuine TC, any opinions?

I know its second hand and you get what you see, for £9.00 I can get a new cue ball, so should I or shouldn't I moan on Ebay and ask for a contribution to a new cue ball?

Aramith TC Balls Cue ball size & weight

Hi Max, we were bidding on same sets of TC's I managed to get a set for £50 delivered. Just looked at and weighed cue ball, same as all the rest 141g. It's not a great feeling but if rest of balls are ok you still got good deal, I'd just buy a new cue ball.

Comment

Hi Markz,

that's what I am thinking, I might just try for a contribution from the seller in ebay

Comment

I'd imagine mate he will say its genuine, I'd take it on the chin and just purchase your own. Like you said, risk you take on eBay. You still paid an ok price.

Comment

Ordered one from Amazon, 9.99 delivered, now to sort out a carry case

Comment

Let me know if you find a case mate. I'm on the look out as well.

Comment

Found some good looking aluminium cases on ebay for about £20.00 but would need a foam lining putting in, so I am still pondering that idea.

Comment

Ordered this case, will be sorting foam myself. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2308448693...84.m1423.l2649

Comment

Originally Posted by Maxsys View Post
                  Ordered this case, will be sorting foam myself. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2308448693...84.m1423.l2649
                  Looks nice that and cheap
                  Might be a touch large tho, my modified cutlery box is 11 1/2" x 15 1/4" x 3 3/4" deep (to give you an idea of size required)

Comment

I wanted a bit of space between the balls, and i want to keep my ball cleaner and a cloth in there, will posts some pics when i have done the mods.

Comment

Working...
                    X